The Hydraulic / Mechanic Senior Technician supports the HAWK and Patriot Logistics Sustainment Services (HPLSS) Program. Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of the Patriot Launching Station and the AMG hydraulics, pneumatics and mast structures. Tests the LS and verifies serviceability by comparing the test results to prescribed standards. Performs adjustments and alignments for optimum performance. Assists in major item checkout and functional verification of the AMG. Participates in on-the-job training (OJT) programs. Identifies faulty work practices and demonstrates proper maintenance, troubleshooting and repair procedures and techniques. Provides on-site maintenance assistance as required. Assists the section officer in enforcing safety policies, procedures, and standards. Fills out maintenance and supply forms, prepares patriot field reports (PFRs) and performs other related duties as directed by the section officer.
Provides guidance and status to the RSADF Patriot customer in establishing operation, sustainment, and inspection procedures and techniques. Analyzes equipment failures to determine cause and recommends corrective action. Advises and assists in effecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency and/or reduce cost of operation. Devises and implements preventive maintenance programs and keeps performance and maintenance records on equipment. This position is located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia but may require frequent travel and extended assignments away from home base.
Must be able to obtain a Saudi Arabia work Visa
Active Secret Clearance
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of Field Maintenance (FM) experience in trouble-shooting, fault isolation and repair of the Patriot Launching Station (LS).
- Must be experienced in maintenance and repair of the Antenna Mast Group (AMG) hydraulics, pneumatics and mast structures.
- Must be skilled in the use of engineering documentation, schematics, general purpose commercial test equipment and common tools.
- A general knowledge of maintenance shop operations and procedures and the army maintenance management system (TAMMS) is required.
- Experience field engineer with military training in Patriot Configuration II/III Air Defense systems at the organizational level.
- Demonstrated experience with Department of the Army Modification Work Order (DAMWO) installations, to include system integration and checkout. Knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of Remote Launch Communication Upgrade (RLCEU).
- Fiber Optic/ RF cable troubleshooting and repair.
- Understanding and knowledge of military communications systems and encryption devices.
- Experience working and communicating with a Middle East customer
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Applied Science with 2 years related experience. May substitute experience for education. (i.e., Associates degree with 6 years of related experience, or High School graduate with 10 years of related experience.