We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The BV Controller will lead US GAAP and local reporting and compliance requirements for the Uber BV consolidated group, ensuring that all reporting compliance activities that include (but are not limited to) monthly and quarterly tax returns, registrations, statutory audits, and other ad-hoc requests including audit support are performed with a high level of accuracy and efficiency. The role will report to the Corporate Controller and work closely with HQ and EMEA Regional Reporting and Tax leads to manage all aspect of Uber BV reporting.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the transformation of Uber BV reporting processes to better produce, interpret and take appropriate action to improve results, trends, and financial reporting.
- Work closely with the FP&A and Strategic Finance teams in the planning, target-setting and delivery of the budget, strategic plan and quarterly review cycles.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports; ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Fully understand the requirements of US GAAP to IFRS conversion and ensure that local IFRS books are maintained correctly each month, preparing and explaining US GAAP to IFRS reconciliation. Report adjustments required to US GAAP books to HQ GL team by day 25 each month.
- Perform monthly internal reporting including preparation of income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and flux analyses.
- Manage monthly balance sheet reconciliations as required, including cash reconciliations and other accounting activities directed by Corporate Controller
- Ensure all reporting and compliance deadlines for Uber BV are adhered to, including all registrations, statutory filings, tax returns and payments.
- Work closely with statutory auditor to ensure the statutory audit is planned and effected efficiently. Support the year-end group financial statement audit, as well as the statutory financial audit, and address additional follow-up questions/inquiries via internal or external auditors as they arise.
- Leads monthly flux report and calls to the HQ and Regional Management.
- Collaborate with both internal and external audit teams to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Provide corporate accounting guidance by conducting technical accounting research on various topics (e.g. share based compensation), perform analysis and review of deals and current operations acquisitions, integrations, alternative financing (e.g. finance leases / SPV, equity injections), mergers, liquidations of entities, business valuations, IFRS, Inventory, etc.
- Work closely with FinOps teams to improve upstream processes that impact the BV financial reporting, including AP, AR and payments.
- Support Corporate Controller in ad hoc projects
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 15+ years professional experience, with 2+ years relevant month-end close experience
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and working knowledge of US GAAP and strong understanding of direct and indirect tax principles
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- CPA / CA / equivalent qualification preferred