MECis looking for a dynamicBusiness Director with a strong planning skill set to join their Brisbane office. As the Business Director you will be responsible for providing innovative strategic channel planning and lead holistic media recommendations for a well established portfolio of clients.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Group Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Leading the channel strategy and brand level media recommendations, bringing together insights and opportunities to grow your portfolio of client’s businesses
- Work with an integrated team across all media channels who are keen to grow
- Be part of a fast growing agency in the Brisbane market that has gone from strength to strength
Measures of success
In three months:
- Establish strong relationships with key clients and have an understanding of their businesses
- Deliver media recommendations which address client objectives and core communication roles of each channel
- Understanding of the MEC business and key product offerings
In six months:
- Become a trusted advisor to the client and have thorough understanding of their business.
- Moving beyond media problems to solve business problems
In 12 months:
- Actively identified organic growth opportunities across your clients, whether that be marketing, business, communications or media ideas which lead the client into new territories
- Hit the clients business goals
- Have led the clients into 2018 planning based on learnings from 2016 and our view on 2017
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide innovative strategic insights and help contribute to the optimisation of client’s media marketing budget
- Have a strong strategic view of the full client business e.g. market share, purchase barriers, key competitors, drivers, tasks
- Build the strongest and deepest client relationships through best in class client servicing
- Lead a client focused team to get results
- Manage and develop team members careers through regular coaching and constructive feedback
- Motivate the team to over-deliver against client expectations
- Work collaboratively to identify appropriate connection points against which an idea can be holistically exploited - converting thinking and ideas into media plans
- Develop grounded, yet innovative, channel strategies for the client that include the most effective use of traditional, digital, emerging and created media opportunities
- Contribute work to agency case studies and industry award submissions
- Complete understanding of the macro trends in the marketplace with regards to revenue, supply, innovation and development.
- Demonstrates selling skills with the ability to sell in deals, media plans/initiatives to clients.
- Demonstrate leadership skills at all times
- Understands and demonstrates market knowledge and expertise with advanced knowledge of Matrix, Roy Morgan, MOVE, Adex, Move, SMI, BMD, Etam, GroupM Knowledge tools etc
- First class negotiation skills.
- Strong collaboration with your team & agency specialists
- An informed point of view on developments & opportunities within the advertising industry
- Drive the digital and data transformation within client campaigns
What you will need:
- A minimum of 6 years within the media industry
- A proven strategic thinker equally supported by the ability to develop and execute solid implementation strategies that bring exceptional results to the client
- Strong experience and understanding of the media industry and all channels within it
- Knowledge of all media tools and systems and how they are beneficial to clients
- Strong management skills having managed a team of 3 or more previously
- Proficient use of all Microsoft office tools
- Advanced presentation skills
MEC is committed to growth. Growth for our people, our clients and our industry. MEC pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in order to thrive in ~ Ad Ops ~ Analytics ~ Brand Partnerships ~ Content Marketing ~ Data ~ Insight ~ Integrated Planning ~ Mobile ~ Multi-cultural ~ Performance Marketing ~ Planning & Buying ~ Programmatic ~ Search ~ Social ~ Sport, Entertainment & Cause Marketing. Our 5,000 highly talented and motivated people work with category leading advertisers in 93 countries and we are a founding partner of GroupM. To find out more, visit us atwww.mecglobal.com#dontjustlivethrive
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.