You will design and implement the processes, tools and methodologies that provide agencies with the insight required to delight clients. While the focus of the role is research, the role will require strong collaboration across GroupM to drive initiatives that will successfully integrate digital, analytics, consumer insight, and trading among other areas. You will work across the whole portfolio of GroupM clients and markets in APAC.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Regional Director, APAC
3 best things about the job:
- Wide exposure to all areas of media-related research
- Focus on industry-innovation and an open playing field to explore areas that will make the most difference to client’s business
- Access to industry-leading and multi-functional capability within GroupM and across WPP
Measures of success –
In 3 months:
- Learnt about our business and how your skills and expertise can be applied
In 6 months:
- Be managing key projects with minimal support from manager
- Built credibility and rapport with key stakeholders & partners
In 12 months:
- Made a quantifiable change to how our business operates today through design and implementation of new process or capability
Responsibilities of the role:
- Consultation with local markets and GroupM stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and opportunity areas
- Tool and methodology R&D with particular focus on working together with WPP partners
- Manage research budget with support of management
- Supporting the negotiation process with vendors and suppliers
- Synthesize research data into key insight, business counsel, and thought leadership
What you will need:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a research / advertising / or media-related role
- Quantitative research experience (qualitative experience a bonus)
- Experience of digital research or analytics advantageous
- Collaborative mindset – ability to work effectively and inclusively with members of different agencies, disciplines, and brand teams
- Consultative and proactive mindset
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.