What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At the moment we're looking for Assistant Director of Sales Colleagues in the Sales department to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at Holiday Inn Jordan.
Holiday Inn- Jordan was established in 1999; the hotel underwent a renovation in 2011 and was the 5 star Holiday Inn Hotel in. It is considered as one of the key hotels within IHG - EMEAA Hotels. The hotel is notable for the prime setting not far from gardens and hills as well as a mosque, a museum and a tower. The vicinity of a bus stop let you explore Children\'s Museum and Roman Amphitheater with no difficulty. Holiday Inn Jordan is only a 40-minute drive from Queen Alia International Airport. The 218 renovated rooms and suites are equipped with an array of modern amenities and latest technology. The Hotel has large F&B operation with a high contribution to the total Hotel revenue.
For meetings and conferences, the hotel is well equipped for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with nine flexible and renovated function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 1000 guests. Over 200 colleagues are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define the company.
As a Assistant Director of Sales Colleague you will be reporting directly to the Director of Sales and below are some of the key responsibilities:
Train and motivate a sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel, while maintaining guest satisfaction. Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce business.
Perform other duties as assigned.
May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
Manage the day-to-day activities of the sales team; plan, organize, and assign work and communicate goals. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures.
Implement hotel-level tactical sales plans to achieve greater profitability through increasing average rates, increasing overall occupancy, increasing business volume during off-peak periods.Monitor performance of sales team to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
Sell hotel room nights through direct client contact.
Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts.
Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
Interact with outside contacts:
Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts,travel agencies, ad agencies within local, domestic and international markets – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Participate in all community relations activities
- Guest Experience
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attend out-of-town conventions and trade shows, to promote new business and increase sales for the hotel.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments. Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations, and plan effective solutions in conjunction with department heads to best expedite these situations.
Proven Sales experience:
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to spot & resolve problems
- University degree in hotel management, business administration or any related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is required.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- At least 5 years of proven experience.