Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We are providing Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services in support of rail, infrastructure and mixed use improvement programs across the Middle East including but not limited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. The major components of these programs include rail, hospitals, schools, water treatment, and related infrastructure, along with safety, security, and environmental and sustainability services.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for a Section Engineer - Scheduler role that will be based in one of our transportation projects in Kuwait.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to:
- Prepares and maintains an updated Project Time Schedule working with the Planner in accordance with Program wide systems and standards, including cost and resource loading.
- Prepares monthly, bi-weekly and weekly time schedule updates as required.
- Provides data for monthly, bi-weekly and weekly progress reports as required.
- Prepares summary schedules & look ahead schedules on bi-weekly basis for the project.
- Reviews and evaluates contractors’ and designers’ time schedule submissions.
- Records actual work progress versus planned work.
- Prepares and maintains planning and scheduling documents such as project schedules, progress reports and S Curves (planned, actual and forecast) in accordance with contractual time schedules and frequencies.
- Coordinates with Project Cost Managers to generate cash flows.
- Evaluates extension of time claims and make appropriate recommendations in conjunction with Planners.
- Monitors actual outputs and compares with budget on established KPI’s.
- Evaluates Contractors’ resources deployment against schedule requirements.
- Coordinates and communicates schedule information within the Project team.
- Assists Planner in identifying critical path activities during the course of the project.
- Prepares and updates a Permitting time schedule for the project working with Planners and Design Managers.
- Contributes in the preparation of earned value reports.
- Produces logistics information (especially schedule information) on projects working with Planner and RE.
- Maintains As-Built schedules and assists other team members with their scheduling requirements.
- Maintains and archives historic schedule data on the Project.
- Road Supervision which included Structures and Bridges
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional membership preferable
- 12 years’ experience in infrastructure and road construction work.
- Ideal candidate to be based in the Kuwait or Middle East.
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.