Overview of job
As a Media Executive, you will be the support for the regional team on Shell and others global clients, based out of Singapore.
You will be focused in supporting the reconciliation of local market spends and overseeing an up to date media calendar, along with administrative tasks as required (status sheets & calls, timelines, reporting etc.).
You will also communicate with multiple managers within the team and with multiple clients.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Shell APAC team
3 best things about the job:
- Work in truly international APAC hub client team for MediaCom servicing a key global client- Shell Lubricants in Asia Pacific working closely with relevant external and internal stakeholders globally, regionally and locally
- Be exposed to and as well be single point of contact for all data and information for all reporting across several global brands in a relevant and timely manner
- Opportunity to identify new ways of working and implement actual campaigns for big global clients in multiple markets
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Become knowledgeable of the Shell lines of business, ways of working, key client teams and internal teams , and the brand strategies for 2015 for each of the 3 lubricant brands
- Understood Shell process and reporting requirements & start liaising with markets to ensure we provide accurate and timely reporting to the global MediaCom team.
- Understood other key brands process and reporting requirements & start liaising with markets to ensure we provide accurate and timely reporting to the global MediaCom team.
In six months:
- Established ways of working seamlessly with in market teams and become the go to person for all reporting requirements for Shell for both internal ( local markets and global MC) and external ( global client) stakeholders ;
- Been able to independently manage reporting process and be familiar on campaigns that are currently live in markets for Shell and other brands
- Gain global clients and global and local market team’s trust and confidence
Responsibilities of the role:
- Timely delivery & accuracy of monthly cost & booked database and quarterly commissions to MediaCom Finance and the client
- Identify and address queries with markets in order to deliver on the above in a timely fashion
- Work with managers to ensure booked database is correct and up to date
- Assist managers to become a champion for the client’s Global Finance process to ensure both internal MediaCom teams and local markets are compliant
COMPETITOR SPEND & REVIEWS
- Ensure local markets are delivering quarterly competitive reports & that these are uploaded to software accurately
- Provide status updates to all members of team
- Field any invoice requests related to local competitive data charges
- Develop strong relationships and fluid communication with local markets in order to ensure accurate information is supplied in a timely fashion
- Maintain up-to-date contact lists for all global & local teams to ensure information is easily accessible
- Participate in discussions with markets once briefing has happened to ensure they fully understand requests and are able to complete to deadline
- Assist managers to produce and distribute campaign guidelines to markets
- Pro actively consider new templates or ways of working which could be introduced to assist in better/faster task delivery
- Review plans from local markets to give an opinion to your manager on whether you feel the strategy has been fulfilled
- Provide support to the teams on all lines of business, helping with the following
- Help analyse local plans and strategies and gain experience in this
- Attend client meetings/calls and follow up with notes
- Support the various roles whether it be trafficking, digital, market planning or global, where they need help
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE:
- Completion of GroupM’s university courses (digital, programmatic, etc)
- Develop industry knowledge by sharing monthly industry updates/latest innovations with colleagues
- Meet regularly with media owners to keep up to date with the latest trends
- Work with digital manager to implement digital plans for key global clients in multiple markets across various platforms
- Be responsible for all ad operations and buying for regional digital campaigns
What you will need:
- Be a team player
- Proven interest in media and understanding of what a media agency does
- Be enthusiastic and proactive
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time
- Good organisation skills
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfortable with numbers: good basic understanding of maths (including but not limited to algebra and statistics)
- Appetite to learn
- The ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with clients and colleagues around the business, as well as media owners.
- Accurate eye for detail and ability to troubleshoot.
- Keenness to keep abreast of all new opportunities and developments around the industry and the basic ability to share knowledge accordingly.
- Basic presentation and good communication skills
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.