A leading international government contractor for more than 60 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. IAP's corporate headquarters is located in Cape Canaveral, FL and operates in over 100 locations in 20 countries worldwide. IAP also maintains offices in Panama City, FL, Virginia, the United Kingdom and the Middle East.
- Provide electrical designs including power distribution networks, power load determination (facility and equipment), exterior electric, interior electric, electric controls circuitry (e.g., fire and security), site lighting, and preparation of electrical drawings, based on local utilities and facility load and use.
- Confer with field engineers, task order managers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products. Anticipate and identify customer needs and translate them into design specifications. Coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications. Communicate equipment performance expectations to suppliers including quality, performance, manufacturing, capacity, system fit and life cycle costs. Assist in the preparation of specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements. Review existing electrical designs and specifications being purchased or fabricated.
- Provide requested services while meeting safety codes, specifications and budgetary limitations. Ensure the new systems are compatible with existing systems and operate without causing an overload.
- Investigate customer or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Plan layout of electric power generating plants and distribution lines, substations, and switching stations.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Collect data relating to commercial and residential development, population, and power system interconnection to determine operating efficiency of electrical systems.
- Requires extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in Client and IAP/RMS meetings.
- Participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Design, or supervise the installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems.
- Perform activities to include programming, budgeting, project cost estimating, project management, drafting, planning, preparation of feasibility studies, construction management, support to utilities operations, energy and environmental programs, and fire protection.
- Ensure federal and local codes concerning health, safety, and environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
- Use computers/computer software such as information management programs (e.g.,Microsoft Office), computer aided design and drafting (CADD) programs (e.g., AutoCAD), and project tracking programs (e.g., Microsoft Project or Primavera) to solve engineering problems and facilitate work.
- Assist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects. Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages. Review bid analyses and make recommendations.
- Consult with field engineers and offer advice on lighting and other uses of electrical power in power plants and electrical systems.
- Suggest a backup source of energy in case circuits become overloaded at a particular point in the generation and distribution process.
Must be a US Citizen with a Secret Security Clearance
Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Average to above-average computer skills (e.g., MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or later and have experience with power system analysis software.
- Minimum of four (4) years of design experience.