Overview of job
We are looking for a Client and Communications Director with strong client leadership skills and 7-8+ yrs media agency experience. The successful candidate will work on a wide range of market leading and dynamiccampaigns, with a focus on bringing together amultitude of disciplines to ensure joined up planning to deliver outstanding, fame worthy and results driven work.A flavour of some of the great work we have undertaken, is repositioning our clients communications to act as a true challenger brand, developing award winning content partnerships with Vice and Nova and activating sponsorships of great events such as the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
As a team they are used to a fast paced working style, so you will need to think smart and act fast.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Group Business Director
3 best things about the job:
- Working with a fun and driven team who have a track record for delivering outstanding products and service
- The opportunity to work directly with Wavemakers top talent within the role, such as: our Head of Strategy, Head of Digital, Head of Trading and senior product specialists
- Work with a client that are keen to do things different particularly in the data, tech and content space; which will allow you to try new things and stretch your ever important brand performance digital knowledge and skills.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Nailed the client structure & started to immerse yourself in the telco category
- Started to build relationships with our ace clients
- Have established a great way of working with the legends in the team at Wavemaker
- Understand the 2018 strategy, strategic pillars and segments and continued on the intentions that have been set up for the year picking up new briefs as they come in and owning them with support from the team
In six months:
- Developed a great working relationship with our clients, and shown your knowledge of their business by developing and presenting a responses to briefs
- Solid relationship with all the internal teams at Wavemaker and understand who to engage and how to get the best from them to help with a response along with fostered trust with clients
- Identified growth opportunities ( diversified service, innovation, media firsts )
In 12 months:
- Smashed your contribution into the 2019 annual strategy and implementation presentation out of the park with key clients, using the world class Wavemaker planning process
- Be able to persuade with influence and story tell to sell through ideas
- Sold in a growth opportunity (diversified service, innovation, media first.)
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for the day to day client management and strategic implementation
- The best in everyday Client Leadership ( managing timelines, deliverables, a rock star)
- Own with precision the client budget management for a tier 1 client
- Produce and present killer planning documents with good strike rates
- You can use or direct the use of important media tools and systems and know how to implement them
- Develop the direct reports in your team
- Presenting in critical presentations with clients with style and confidence
What you will need:
- 7-8 years’ experience in a media agency planning role
- Awesome client management skills
- Good understanding of the Aussie media industry and role of channel
- Strong presentation skills
- Want to have fun and do great work that produce outcomes every day
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.