Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sales Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Preparation of proposals and sent within 24 hrs and contracts within 48 hrs.
- Appropriate filing and recording of contracts and client related correspondence
- Collect and own Sales Managers faxes in their absence from the office
- Qualify general inquiries, respond personally, and direct to appropriate Sales Manager
- Respond to enquiries from established and prospective customers in the absence of Sales Managers
- Handle and file appropriately the employee action forms related to vacations/ sick leave
- Daily Arrival list to be printed every morning and handed over to the Sales Manager for review
- Ensure the distribution of pertinent information to all departments and maintain an orderly working environment
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Maintain the records and files related to the daily functioning of the Sales office
- Assist with the administrative duties and enquiries of the Sales and Catering office when required
- Maintain current sales and promotional literature and have a complete knowledge of hotel’s services and facilities
- Assist with Travel trips and related logistics
- Delphi and database audit and maintenance
- Assist in the organization and coordination of specific functions and promotions/ client events handled by Sales Manager(s) i.e. familiarization tours, monthly luncheons, Trade Shows,
- Completion of RFPs and submission in coordination with the Sales Manager responsible
- Assist in various office statistics, reports and presentations.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Minimum High School Diploma, Business School and/or Hotel School Diploma preferred.
- Full proficiency in all office procedures and clerical duties
- Computer experience at intermediate to advanced level is mandatory with knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Keyboarding speed of 75 wpm will be an advantage.
- Must be a strong team player, professional and enthusiastic with excellent organizational skills, creativity and be a self starter
- Must be able to work with a team of 6 or more Sales Managers
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and be self-efficient.
- To be flexible on time to meet with a busy sales department/guest needs
- Sales experience in a hotel environment is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!