Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Digital, North Asia
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to interact and learn from the best people within Wavemaker Hong Kong as well as across Asia Pacific and regional markets
- Working in the fast-growing agency in Hong Kong with the energetic and passionate team
- You will be able to work with the team on creating a campaign that not only fits the client's requirements but also exceeds them
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Have an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients
- Lead and engage respective clients
In six months, you would have:
- Train and mentor specialists in your team
- Participate in new business pitches
In 12 months, you would have:
- Ability to independently manage campaigns
- Ability to execute and optimise across all digital platforms
Responsibilities of the role:
- Delivery of SEM campigns for a key regional client
- Assist with new briefs shared by the client and providing search recommendations
- Deliver clear feedback to the entire regional and global client team on search recommendations and performance.
- Create best practice in search processes to be used across all APAC teams handling the regional client.
- Keep our internal team and clients up to date with the latest innovations and developments in search, particularly those that are applicable to the finance industry.
- Deliver excellent account management and superb internal communication skills.
- Ensure campaign set-up follows best practice and global guidelines in terms of structure, ad extensions, and more.
- Ensure campaigns are optimized regularly and deliver outstanding campaign performance.
- Ensure financial process is followed in terms of creation and invoicing of signed search plans.
- Production of client reporting with suitable commentary, highlighting actionable insights
What you will need:
- 3-5 years’ experience in SEM
- Strong understanding of Google Adwords, Yahoo and Baidu.
- Familiar with other search engines including Naver and Daum.
- Written and spoken English and Chinese
- Familiar with other Google properties as well as performance marketing channels.
- Up-to-date with SEM Industry changes and the latest practices and procedures
- Attention to detail with good levels of accuracy
- Experience with bid management platforms
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content, and technology agency in the world. Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
Hong Kong market overview Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.