Xaxis is seeking for a Programmatic Trading Executive to join the Programmatic Trading team in Hong Kong. The Programmatic Trading team is at the heart of all Xaxis activity, and is pivotal to the success of each campaign that is executed. You will be someone who has a positive attitude and is a dedicated individual who thrives on challenges.
The team works closely with all other teams within the Xaxis family from Client Development and Ad Operations to Data and Product. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, enthusiastic and is flexible with embracing changes and new challenges.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Programmatic Trading Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- It’s a great work environment - You will collaborate with a group of quick witted, humorous, diverse and extremely dedicated colleagues who are all passionate about programmatic and making advertising welcome.
- Opinions and ideas are highly encouraged, and everyone has a voice at Xaxis. Ambition is expected and passion is admired. We are always open to new ways of thinking from everyone, especially those that will contribute to the overall success of Xaxis.
- It is never static. You are empowered to create your own balance and be proactive. There is always something new to learn, new challenges to overcome, and new technology to embrace everyday.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would:
- Gain an in depth understanding of the programmatic landscape
- Be trained on the various Xaxis platforms and tools
- Contribute to the day-to-day operations of the Xaxis Programmatic Trading team and take ownership of simple campaign set ups, campaign monitoring and basic optimization
In six months, you would:
- Develop relationships and earn trust with Client Development and Operations teams
- Manage and be responsible for branding campaigns from start to completion
- Incorporate and recommend other aspects of the Xaxis business including audience planning and insights, Xaxis products and Xaxis Marketplace as part of the overall campaign execution.
In 12 months, you would:
- Be responsible and confidently manage campaigns of all KPIs from start to completion
- Be a trusted advisor to Xaxis HK team and support their activity
- Test and learn, share and seek different optimization tactics and knowledge share with the wider trading team
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support the Programmatic Trading Team in executing campaigns with Client Development Team and Ad Operations Team closely
- Oversee day-to-day optimization and monitoring of campaigns, and ensure optimal delivery and performance, report any anomalies to Programmatic Trading Manager.
- Develop basic yield optimization strategies by monitoring campaign performance and identifying opportunities to optimize, improve ROI and pitch for incremental revenue
- Deploy testing methodologies on campaigns under the direction of Programmatic Trading Manager
- Analyze data from ad serving providers like Sizmek, Doubleclick, Mediaplex as well as conversion tracking to map the complete consumer journey
- Involve to advise/consult with Xaxis HK team regarding inventory performance and forecasting, campaign performance, insights and suggestions.
- Assist in preparing post campaign analysis report along with the Analytics team
What you will need:
- 1-2 years professional experience with digital marketing agency, ad network or other digital media company
- Knowledge along with a passion for digital
- Result-oriented with strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and under supervision once objectives have been set
- Ability to work within a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Experience managing digital ad campaigns, - display, video, mobile or paid search
- Applied knowledge of 3rd party ad serving, website tracking and associated technologies
- Understanding of programmatic buying, including DSPs/SSPs, RTB, ad exchanges, DMPs, audience targeting will be a bonus
- Good command in written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Cantonese speaking is a must
- Fresh graduates would be considered as Programmatic coordinator
Xaxis is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers to audiences across all addressable channels. Through the expert use of proprietary data and advertising technology along with unparalleled media relationships, Xaxis delivers results for clients in 47 markets across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East. Advertisers working with Xaxis achieve exceptionally high return on advertising spend through the company’s proprietary media products, as well as through its specialist companies, Triad Retail Media, Light Reaction and plista. For more information, visit www.xaxis.com.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.