The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified HR Manger to support the HSDA project and the International Health Division in Jordan.
The HR Manager will be providing support in selecting, evaluating, hiring and maintaining the HSD staff as well as in designing and implementing HR-related practices. The incumbent will provide supervision and support functions to enhance management of HR processes. The incumbent will be reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration (DFA), while cooperating with all other HSD staff.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions in coordination with different departments.
- Maintains organization’s staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews and recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Jordanian employment and labor law including working knowledge of social security and tax regulations for private sector organizations in Jordan
- Create a plan to manage annual and mid-year reviews, conduct training on goal setting, organize development activities and work one-on-one with managers and employees to create wide development plans.
- Keeps the Chief of Party and the executive team informed of issues that affect the achievement of goals and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Lead Exit-Management procedure to ensure positive transition for departing employees, analyze turnover and conduct Exit-Interviews to make real-time, continuous improvement.
- Assist HSD staff in any other relevant tasks required.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- BA degree in Human Resources or any other social discipline. MA is preferable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Human Resources general practices and processes.
- A minimum of 10 years of continuous experience in working in the role of HR.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an HR Manager or Supervisor.
- Strong command of English and Arabic languages.
- Excellent computer knowledge including MS office and email writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and possession of good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Previous experience in USAID projects is highly desirable.
- (10+) years of experience and a bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.