Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We are providing Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services in support of rail, infrastructure and mixed use improvement programs across the Middle East including but not limited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. The major components of these programs include rail, hospitals, schools, water treatment, and related infrastructure, along with safety, security, and environmental and sustainability services.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for a Construction Specialist - Safety role that will be based in one of our transportation projects in Kuwait.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to:
- To provide Project Management with continuous advice and support to ensure that HSE remains an integral part of the Project equal in priority to operations and profitability.
- To maintain the management and implementation of all procedures, policies and standards, striving for consistent and sustainable Service Delivery excellence.
- Responsible systematically and continuously improving safety of Project personnel, service delivery, overall efficiency and effectiveness of the operations, protection of health of the project and personnel including sustainable development and protection of the environment.
- To ensure the operations to comply with the latest legislative requirements on safety aspects.
- To coordinate with the Contractors HSE personnel.
- To plan and carry out HSE inspection, to report any unsafe acts and conditions, ensure correct and proper recording of all inspections and finding.
- Participate in planned HSE meetings.
- Conduct HSE audits as per planned schedule, compile reports for HSSE Managers review.
- Maintain the HSE management system, ensure filing and arching is in place and maintained.
- To ensure all necessary document, instructions and correspondences related to HSE will be issued in the professional and timely manner.
- Assist with accident incident investigation.
- Report weekly monthly as required by the HSSE Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- NEBOSH Cert / Diploma / NVQ4
- Computer literate.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.