The business for a media agency such as MEC has evolved through the years, specifically in its digital practice. From what used to be media-centric, its offer has expanded to non-media services, which include but are not limited to strategy and creative conceptualization for digital, digital assets production, consumer engagement, and analytics and insights, among others
Our mission for brands is to, “drive transformational marketing solutions through the connection of technology, data insight, and content.”
The growth for MEC would, therefore, require a future-proofed approach to marketing. Pivotal to making that happen is the role of the Digital Strategic Planner SEA. He has the responsibility to help tie the insights about the consumer, regardless of whether that is driven by offline or online; to map out brand communication and engagement strategies that cut across digital channels and platforms, as aligned with the overall marketing campaigns; and to analyze performance of efforts which will lead to the optimization of approach.
Reporting of the Role:
The Digital Strategic Planner SEA reports to the Digital Strategy Director.
3 Best Things About the Job:
- High Profile Clientele – you get to work with major brands, mainly, Colgate-Palmolive; scope of responsibility covers the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam.
- Young and Dynamic Team – as the demand for digital continues to evolve, the Digital Strategic Planner SEA will get to work closely with the youthful Interaction Team in the Philippine market. It is a team comprised of digital media planning and implementation specialists and non-media account managers. Workgroup covers other digital specialists in other non-Philippine markets.
- Support – the digital practice is backed by strong teams: (1) Within MEC (from the business unit teams and the specialist teams – Analytics and Insights and MEC Interaction and MEC Wavemaker); and, (2) GroupM Interaction (from Research, User Experience, Production, Creative Services, CRM, and Analytics).
Measures of Success
In three months:
- Understood and applied MEC’s T5 methodology and tools in developing strategies for clients
- Mastered full-ecosystem strategic principles
- Built rapport and established credibility with clients in Colgate-Palmolive and other brands like Mead Johnson
- Worked out business development plans – growth through digital diversification for other clients that may be assigned
- Identify and reach out to potential agency clients
- Helped enhance the measurement practice for Colgate-Palmolive and Mead Johnson
- Lead the use of digital tools, both proprietary and syndicated
- Identified and shared best practice cases internally and with key clients
- Delivery against digital diversification goals
- Helped produce exceptional work for the Colgate-Palmolive Hub assignment – should help cement the credibility and trust for MEC Philippines in this new scope
- Superior campaigns and cases worthy of awards
- Providing strategic leadership to senior clients
- Formulate full-ecosystem strategy for client businesses and ensure that recommendations and decisions are consistent with client objectives and strategies
- Partner with the Digital Strategy Director in driving the digital practice for Colgate-Palmolive and Mead Johnson, among others
- Integrate client’s digital activities with through-the-line efforts and demonstrate a full understanding of client’s business as basis for all future work
- Demonstrate understanding of research and measurement methodology and how data can shape client conversations
- Develop innovative ways to present the group’s work
- Colgate-Palmolive Southeast Asia Hub
- Digital strategic planning responsibilities for five markets: Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam
- Alignment with integrated planners for all brands covered in the five markets
- IMC planning, adaption and innovation alongside Integrated Planners
- Annual Media Planning (including digital display)
- Digital media planning, implementation (alongside ad operations teams) and measurement
- Thought leadership initiatives: e.g. trends, innovations, client training session, business-building initiatives
- Participation in global, divisional, mid-year review and annual budget meetings, as required
- International visits (client and agency side); includes preparation for senior management market visits
- Collaboration with Colgate-Palmolive Division office: e.g. communications, status meetings, briefings, etc.
- Fulfillment of global and divisional reporting requirements: e.g. CAP, budget roll-ups
- Business development
- Partner with the Digital Strategic Director to grow revenue beyond digital media planning and implementation
- As required, shape the overall strategy of new business pitches by plotting thorough consumer journeys and identifying digital consumer insights
- Adoption of digital tools and thought leadership initiatives
- Drive the use of proprietary MEC tools (such as CrossMedia, Bridge, DCor, Prism, Emerging Trends Dashboards, etc.) and syndicated tools (such as ComScore, GlobalWebIndex, Sysomos, etc.)
- Champion the local cascade of global and regional learnings on digital and technology and to identify strategic opportunities to apply these learnings to address client business needs
Access to Professional Development
- Exposure to all facets of the agency in Manila and across the APAC region. Full-ecosystem strategy, client planning, data & analytics, performance marketing, content marketing, social marketing.
- Training on MEC’s planning and insight tools – including T5 planning process & MEC Momentum customer purchase journey
- Working with – and learning from - a wide variety of people from MEC, GroupM, Red Fuse, client and agency partners
What You Will Need:
- Ability to influence and steer senior marketers
- Demonstrate sharp, strategic & critical thinking and effective problem-solving skills
- Consistently exhibit natural curiosity and dynamism
- Effectively work collaboratively
- Innate ability to respectfully challenge the status quo
- Disrupt where necessary!
- Passion for and excellent use and understanding of digital communications & platforms
- Possess and utilize advanced level presentation skills
- Possess and utilize superior verbal and written skills
- Display strong communication and people skills; maintain positive attitude and act consistently as a team player
- Appropriately and openly participate in team, agency, and industry initiatives
MEC is committed to growth. Growth for our people, our clients, and our industry. MEC pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in order to thrive in ~ Ad Ops ~ Analytics ~ Brand Partnerships ~ Content Marketing ~ Data ~ Insight ~ Integrated Planning ~ Mobile ~ Multi-cultural ~ Performance Marketing ~ Planning & Buying ~ Programmatic ~ Search ~ Social ~ Sport, Entertainment & Cause Marketing. Our 5,000 highly talented and motivated people work with category leading advertisers in 93 countries and we are a founding partner of GroupM. To find out more, visit us at www.mecglobal.com #dontjustlivethrive
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one ofthe fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.