Louis Berger is an Engineering News-Record top-20 ranked, $1 billion global professional services corporation that helps clients solve their most complex infrastructure and development challenges across over 50 nations. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems. We are driven by our passion for our work, our industry and for delivering on our promise to provide Solutions for a better world.
We are actively seeking talented professionals to join our dynamic and dedicated team who will contribute to the ongoing success of delivering to the needs of our client.
Our team is currently looking to hire a HSE Officer based in one of our projects in Abu Dhabi. The incumbent will be responsible for the successful planning, monitoring, documentation and implementation of the Environment, Health & Safety Management System for the project /division cost effectively in line with Company’s Integrated Management System / HSE Manual and/or contract Specifications. . Safety officer has to work on the site and assist the QHSE Engineer to ensure that the construction activities are going on as per the federal safety regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities not limited to:
- Maintain and improve company Health and Safety system
- Educate the construction staff about construction safety measures
- Conduct training sessions for staff and educate about the latest methods of security and safety
- Reduce work related accident incident lost days.
- Provides the necessary advice to the Site Supervisor on jobsite health and safety issues.
- Monitors compliance to the Company HSMS by conducting regular inspections and internal auditing of site activities.
- Monitor compliance with established site safety rules and make sure these are conspicuously followed.
- Conduct a daily tour of the working areas and log details of the observations on the Daily Observation Register. Unsafe conditions and unsafe acts are to be taken care of immediately. Raise near Miss / Incident Reports when highlighted.
- Assist in undertaking risk assessments and identifying safe systems of work to be recorded in safe work method statements.
- Assist in delivering Pre-task briefings to the workforce on the control measures identified in risk assessments and the safe system of work to be adhered to.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of safety procedures for high-risk activities and assist in briefing of the workforce on their responsibilities under these procedures. Audit against these procedures regularly and report any non-compliance.
- Review subcontractor Health & Safety plans advise the Construction Supervisors and Construction Manager relative to the requirements of the Company.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements related to safety of personnel and equipment, environmental regulations and any other prevailing legal requirements related to HSE.
- Conducting HSE training for site personnel in relation to current and new HSE procedures. Maintain HSE documents and records.
- Bachelor’s Degree or any equivalent
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent required.
- The candidate should have a strong background in construction engineering, site management, administrative capabilities and managerial skills.
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience involving large-scale residential developments, commercial office buildings, resort and business hotels, entertainment and retail complexes, and/or infrastructure improvements among similar facilities.
- Previous experience with engineering consultancy highly regarded.
- Experience gained in the Middle East mainly UAE and an understanding of its cultural heritage and business practices will be highly regarded.
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.