Overview of job
Xaxis is actively looking for a Senior Manager of Product to join our growing team. You will be involved in the entire suite of products from Xaxis, plista and Light Reaction, and will be responsible for innovating, project managing, productizing, partnership assessments as well as training and support of products. This will be a Regional role and you will work closely across 14 APAC markets. Products will be assigned dynamically on a project basis derived from Global product pipeline and quarterly/annual business priorities.
Xaxis works in partnership with GroupM agencies to provide programmatic audience buying solutions for its clients across digital platforms. The Product Team is crucial for developing, testing and launching best in class solutions for GroupM’s clients across the purchase funnel.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Regional Product Director, APAC
3 best things about the job:
- Holistic exposure and learning of programmatic: an ever-evolving and exciting industry, the role will be working across different departments, teams and clients.
- International exposure: Opportunity to work with 14 different markets across Asia Pacific, and the global teams in New York, London and LATAM.
- Xaxis focuses on providing leading technology enabled media solutions. You’ll be working on the latest that WPP/GroupM has to offer in digital media technology.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Gain an in depth understanding of the programmatic landscape
- Gain an in depth understanding of Xaxis, Plista and Light Reaction product suites, including positioning and key USPs
- Established relationships across departments client development, partnership & supply, insights & analytics, strategy, operations & trading, marketing as product building requires collaboration across teams
- Established relationships and regular interaction across Asia Pacific markets to understand nuances of each of the 14 markets and state of programmatic evolution
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all internal Xaxis dashboards and platforms
In six months:
- Start to take on and lead product initiatives
- Proactively provide support and guidance to markets on assigned products
- Liaise closely with Global product teams for assigned product initiatives for cross collaboration and pollination of ideas, and highlight APAC roadmap and needs resolution
- Clearly outline local market product needs and APAC product pipeline prioritization based on identified in-market challenges and market-specific product innovation
- Identify best in-class project management framework, process or tool and roll it out across the product team
- Develop an understanding of key regional clients’ product needs
- Develop a framework for closer communication and collaboration between the Regional product team and Local markets
In 12 months:
- Complete ownership of assigned products. Lead and project manage assigned products with minimal supervision
- Has owned at least one product from ideation to launch: Outlined positioning, lead testing, benchmarked right in-market pricing, operationalized all components of product including measurement, project managed roll out across APAC, designed training program, commercialized product with marketing, supported markets for launch and post launch.
- Create training educational programs from start to end for Xaxis’ products
- Take initiative to explore potential partners and innovative solutions for Xaxis’ products to grow business revenue or solve market challenges
- Drive conversation with partners, internal teams and Global teams to build products
- Pitch support to client development teams regionally or in-market on assigned products
- Established strong relationship with internal teams, and successfully completed at least one project which required high-level of collaboration
Responsibilities of the role:
- Understanding market nuances between Asia Pacific markets from Southeast Asia to North Asia to emerging markets like India and developed markets like Australia
- Project managing, troubleshooting and operationalizing Xaxis’ products from the beginning and when the product is launched, by working across departments from client development, trading, operations, insights and analytics and marketing
- Communicating effectively on upcoming product enhancements and improvements across departments and local markets
- Working closely with global team across departments to ensure APAC requirements are in the roadmap and resolved
- Working closely with local markets to understand their needs and challenges, and provide a high level action plan
- Collaborating with the marketing team and client development team to commercialize product
- Supporting the Product Director in developing partnerships within groupM and externally that drives value for our clients
- Analyzing the financials of Xaxis’ products to launch products at right pricing and track the health of enabled products
- Creating a competitor analysis to understand competition and differentiate Xaxis’ products
- Supporting the Product Director to explore innovative solutions and strategies for Top 10 clients
- Learn and understand internal business tools and platforms
- Develop and implement success strategies for Xaxis products in APAC, with an understanding of the region, ecosystems and current trends for campaigns
- Manage a product roadmap and prepare clear functional requirements for products and features
- Consult on product strategy by gathering and analyzing needs, prioritizing requirements, budgeting, stakeholder identification and planning
What you will need:
- At minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing/Communication or related field
- 3-4 years of digital experience, with a total of over 5 years of work experience. (Internship experience does not count)
- 2 years of product management or project management experience preferred
- Certification in Agile project management methodology would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Highly organized with strong business acumen and excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable to work in a dynamic cross-cultural environment
- Highly collaborative and a team player with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and reposition to start on new initiatives with quick turnaround timelines
- Passion for digital advertising and technology with a hunger to learn.
- Demonstrate curiosity and creative problem solving skills
- Positive and resolution-driven
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel & Powerpoint
Xaxis is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers to audiences across all addressable channels. Through the expert use of proprietary data and advertising technology along with unparalleled media relationships, Xaxis delivers results for over 2,800 clients in 45 markets across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East. Advertisers working with Xaxis achieve exceptionally high return on advertising spend through the company’s proprietary media products, as well as through its specialist companies, Light Reaction, Bannerconnect, plista and ActionX. For more information, visit www.xaxis.com.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.