Work Area: Sales Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Executive
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T5
Recruiter Name: Mike Woo
As you know, SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your intets, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’re able to build your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
SAP is the world’s third-largest independent software vendor. Founded in 1972, it is based in Walldorf, Germany with almost 80,000 employees and 32,000 customers across the world. The company employs 150 nationalities worldwide, with 90 nationalities at its headquarters. Its customers include 87% of the Forbes Global 2000 companies and, at the same time, 80% of its customers are SMEs.
SAP started when five entrepreneurs in Germany had a vision for the business potential of technology. Starting with one customer and a handful of employees, SAP set out on a path that would not only transform the world of information technology, but also forever alter the way companies do business.
SAP’s vision today is still to help the world run better and improve people’s lives. Its mission is to help customers run at their best. To fulfil its mission, SAP helps customers master complexity with simple and easy-to-use solutions focused on innovation in the cloud and on SAP HANA (its latest in-memory database).
SAP’s strategy is to become THE most innovative cloud company powered by SAP HANA with focus on:
- Public cloud: Standard and suite solutions
- Business network: Ariba, Concur, Fieldglass
- Private cloud on SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud
SAP provides packaged solutions for 25 industries and 12 lines of businesses. It provides solutions for optimizing business-critical processes. In addition, it provides platforms for analytics. Last but not least, it provides solutions in procurement and trading; travel expense management; external workforce management; as well as customer engagement & commerce.
SAP has a tradition of innovation and is now a leader in cloud solutions: it has 110 million subscribers in its cloud user base. It has 100 development locations around the world and invests 13.7% of revenues for R&D. At least 20,000 employees are involved with development.
For fiscal 2015, SAP recorded revenues of €20.8 billion, with cloud revenues making up 11%. It aims to have cloud revenues make up 29% of total revenues of €26-28 billion by the year 2020.
The Enterprise Transformation Lead (ETL) focuses on enterprise-wide Digital Transformation engagements with the most critical accounts in South East Asia (SEA) guiding the customer from digital vision and strategy all the way through to value realization. The ETL acts as a strategic advisor for customer’s C-suite with his/her deep expertise in the business model design, business transformation program management, agile methodologies and change management. A critical aspect of this role includes industry-specific process knowledge, innovative technologies understanding and the ability to reimagine the capabilities that will deliver competitive advantage in the future.
The ETL has strong executive presence and credibility, well developed storytelling techniques and is a recognized thought leader in business transformation. He/She possesses significant business acumen, demonstrated by a background in consulting and experience with delivering transformational programs.
The ETL will be partnering with Account Executive to lead the VAT and orchestrate the engagement across SAP and the ecosystem, therefore strong team leadership and communication skills are crucial for this role.
Key tasks include:
- Lead end-to-end Digital Transformation engagements with top accounts identified and qualified by Sales Leaders of the Market Units.
- Leverage the one SAP approach and draws upon resources across IVE, pre-sales, sales, delivery to ensure the right resources are deployed to drive engagement with the customer and deliver outcomes.
- Advise C-suite of the customer on new business models and digital strategy, business transformation roadmap, program setup and execution, change management and user adoption.
- Create and present the case for change to C-level business leaders and Board of Directors (including business case, capability analysis, target architecture and roadmap for value realization).
- Oversee the enterprise transformation program delivery to ensure the value realization and customer satisfaction.
- Expand the executive network within the account representing SAP as a strategic partner and a trusted advisor for Digital Transformation.
- Conduct innovation workshops for customer’s executive teams to identify the new market opportunities and frame the root causes of business problems to be addressed with the digital technologies.
- Identify new revenue opportunities, create long-term account strategies and lead the extended VAT in partnership with Account Executive.
- Capture and share the lessons learned from the customer engagements with SAP internal communities of practice.
- Ensure the highest quality customer deliverables with compelling value propositions are delivered in every customer engagement.
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience with at least 5 years of post MBA work experience at a leading strategy/management consulting firm
- Deep experience working with conglomerates is a strong plus
Proven record of experience with:
- Managing diverse teams
- Selling business transformation programs to C-suite and successful program delivery
- Various innovation techniques (e.g. Design Thinking and BMI) and facilitation of customer visioning sessions
- Industry / market analysis and in-depth company research, case for change development
- Change Management for large multinational organizations
- Capable of building and leveraging large network to build pipeline and deliver revenue growth
- SAP product experience a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Fluency in a local language is preferred
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fast and agile thinker, with the ability to solve problems and bring fresh thinking.
- Have track record in delivering business transformation leveraging technology. He/she will demonstrate credibility by drawing upon their experience in implementing business transformation and the accompanying change management aspects to ensure program success.
- Have strong strategic thinking capability, with the ability to think long term and build the roadmap to support the strategic vision.
- Have the ability to navigate complex stakeholder landscape (internal and external) with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Aggressive and high-energy, yet focused, disciplined and process-driven
- Reliable, resolute, resourceful and results-oriented; a hands-on entrepreneur
- Able to get along well with colleagues while putting his/her point across effectively
- Achievement-oriented with a healthy ambition – yet with ego in check
- Seen as an authentic leader with impactful leadership and influence
- Competitive with strong will to win; able to mentor, coach and inspire others to action
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.