Our client, The Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC), is implementing a major project, the Clean Fuel Project (CFP) which comprises the upgrade of two existing refineries. The Clean Fuels Project is a major upgrade and expansion of the existing Mina Al-Ahmadi (MAA) and Mina Abdullah (MAB) refineries. The objective is to increase the overall throughput by 264,000 bpsd to 800,000 bpsd, and to increase conversion of fuel oil to higher value products to meet expected market demand and specs for low sulphur content transport fuels.
Reporting to a Project COMT (Commissioning, Operations, Maintenance and Training) Manager, you will be accountable for the supervision of a small team of commissioning engineers, technical governance on projects, the provision of specialist commissioning and start up support to the commissioning group's teams during the execution of a project management consultancy (PMC) role to manage EPC contractors at a refinery construction site in Kuwait.
- Represent Wood and our client, support and manage an EPC Contractor in the provision of commissioning, operations, maintenance and training services for a large refinery upgrade project
- Manage the day to day activities of a small team of commissioning engineers
- Coordinate with client, contractors, suppliers and licensors to ensure smooth and safe pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and performance testing
- Review of and as required preparation of detail plans, project procedures, preparation of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up plans and procedures
- Ensure that site project execution is undertaken in compliance with company and department procedures and commissioning schedules, while environmental and safety standards are maintained
- Carry out detailed plant checkout against engineering flow diagrams
- Coordinate between client and Wood Construction personnel on commissioning matters
- Direct or advise client's staff regarding the correct pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up procedures
- Investigate technical problems with assistance from Wood specialist engineers and suppliers
- Prepare and assist in preparing guarantee tests, completion documentation and client hand-over, with completion of contract custody transfer documents as appropriate
- Review performance progress with COMT Manager
- Report accidents, incidents and infectious diseases as required by company procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering is essential
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the oil and gas industries
- Track record (over 8 years) experience in a PMC / EPC organization in the field of refinery / petrochemicals industries
- Previous experience of handling commissioning of major projects of over US $500 Million each
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.