MMC - Kuala Lumpur, KUL
Mercer is a global and prominent consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and merger/acquisition services and solutions. Its business creates more secure and rewarding futures for their clients and employees through designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers for work needs. Mercer is one of the four portfolios of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Supervises the day to day activities of staff that comprise the accounting function. Duties may be performed in various groups within Controllership including, but not limited to, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury.
In addition, you can look forward to the following:
- Prepare, review and approve the most complex journal entries, consolidated statements, balance sheet reconciliation and client carrier reconciliations.
- Analyze, maintain, and reconcile the general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and administrative systems
- Responsible for accuracy, timeliness and the general integrity of the accounting function and related reports.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports.
- Duties may also include the preparation of required regulatory reporting - Participates in and/or lead projects affecting the department and its processes.
- Prepare and analyze revenue and/or expense reports; coordinates revenue and expense accruals and ensures timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close.
- Supervise accounting staff as required. Provides guidance, advice and support to direct reports to ensure issues are resolved and addressed appropriately in a timely fashion. Has authority to assign, direct and evaluate work, as well as train and provide general direction to professional staff.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of the internal control environment including general adherence and knowledge of SOX controls, SSAE16, and external audit procedures, as applicable. Ensures daily management activities are conducted in compliance with internal and external control requirements.
- May ensure that Statutory Accounts are properly maintained and reconciled in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting “Policy” procedures (GAAP).
- Adheres to the accounting principles and practices and regulatory environment and ensures these principles and practices are applied in the daily work.
- Assist in the transition to and from teams onshore and offshore, as necessary. Participates in and/or lead projects affecting the department and its processes.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for financial information as well as operational analysis using various reporting tools as consistent with a Global business leader.
- Lead/involve in project transition work and expect to be able to manage the knowledge transfer and transition independently.
- Requires 4 year university degree in accounting and finance
- Previous supervisory experience of small to medium sized teams.
- Advanced knowledge/skill with Microsoft Excel including charts, formulas and pivot tables. Strong communication/organization/multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or other similar enterprise systems.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.