Overview of job
GroupM is looking for a talented Search & Performance Senior Manager/ Manager to be based in Malaysia. Purpose of the role is to grow Search & Performance team. Working across a range of diverse, well-known brands, you will be delivering high quality Search & Performance Marketing campaigns.
3 best things about the job:
- Being mentored by the best agency performance marketer in the region
- Having fun in a company whose core manifesto is to have its people THRIVE
- The opportunity to expand your skillset in to all areas of media & marketing, through our range of specialist divisions and WPP partner companies
Measures of success –
In three months:
- An in-depth knowledge of GroupM’s approach to Search Engine Marketing
- Helped to manage and regularly optimize key client accounts
- Provided regular reporting to key internal and external stakeholders
In six months:
- Become proficient across SEM account management and optimization tools/techniques
- Implemented account optimization that have made a measurable impact to our client’s campaign performance
In 12 months:
- Mastered a wide array of SEM optimization techniques
- Implemented advanced Search Engine Marketing campaign management and optimization techniques
- Inputted into the client’s wider SEM strategies
Responsibilities of the role:
- Strategically build, manage and optimize digital campaigns on major websites. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Strategize, execute and manage Digital Marketing activities of established local and global brands across multiple industries
- Analyse campaign performance and make statistically stable and relevant optimizations and recommendations
- Closely monitor digital campaigns performance to ensure KPI and campaign objectives are met
- Identify new product opportunities that will enhance clients’ digital front.
- Assist Head of Performance in taking on the role in Research & Development of new products and services
- Attain Google AdWords and Analytics certifications
- Attain Facebook Studio Edge certifications
- Independently manage and work closely with clients
- Manage a small team within a business unit and be responsible for team coaching and day-to-day supervision
- Assist the Head of Performance in business development strategies
- Assist the Head of Performance to manage and deliver revenue targets
What you will need:
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Digital Marketing or relevant industry
- Strong analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Creative and a good team player
- Knowledge of digital marketing preferred
- Proactively seek feedback on your work to take it to the next level
- Detail oriented, responsive to deadlines and able to multitask
- Ongoing interest in digital marketing, industry trends, best practices and emerging technologies
- Client servicing experience and good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in UX, Paid Search & SEO is an added bonus
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
As Malaysia moves towards its goal of becoming a developed nation by 2020, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Malaysia is one of the focus markets for securing the latest versions of our global programmatic technology, data management platforms and cross-media analytics. Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.