MediaCom, a WPP company, is seeking a Manager within our high performing Business Science Asia Pacific unit. Business Science is MediaCom’s advanced analytics team which helps analyse and optimise our clients’ marketing strategies. MediaCom Business Science is a global team with centres of excellence in Western & Central Europe, North & South America and Asia Pacific. The role would be based out of our Asia Pacific centre in Singapore and cover multiple markets across the region.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director of Business Science
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work directly with the world’s biggest brands on high profile projects regionally and globally
- A fun, flexible work environment that combines the best of entrepreneurialism whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Working within a proven, high performing team with an excellent network of support and development opportunities within MediaCom-GroupM and WPP
Measures of success
In three months:
- You will be up to speed with MediaCom Business Science’s services, tools and client business
- Understand our value proposition and able to articulate this confidently
- Have begun to build a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders both internally and externally
In six months:
- Contributed strongly to the delivery of at least two substantial advanced analytics project(s) to key clients
- Have shown initiative in improving existing products and/or processes
- Have established solid trusted advisor relationships with key stakeholders
In 12 months:
- Ensure best-in-class analytical output on your projects
- Build effective working relationships with the MediaCom APAC team (your counterparts in Business Science and other functions)
- Have a solid understanding for our clients business
- Work with your directors to ensure our analytical recommendations are aligned and actioned for real world business impact
Responsibilities of the role:
Manage project quality and delivery on diverse econometric and quantitative marketing/media consultancy projects
- Manage project quality and timely delivery on diverse econometric and quantitative marketing/media consultancy projects
- Direct project teams of 2-3 analysts, providing guidance and mentorship
- Coordination of assigned accounts including client liaising and troubleshooting, documentation of projects, organization of meetings and presentations
- Work with your Director’s to combine statistical results with strategic thinking and business requirements to create cohesive stories and actionable results for clients
- Present research findings and strategy to internal and external stakeholders
- Build effective working relationships within the Business Science team and wider MediaCom
What you will need:
- 6-8 years of experience in marketing analytics ore related field(s)
- In-depth practical and theoretical knowledge of econometrics and analytical techniques would be a strong advantage (we are willing to make exceptions for outstanding candidates who are willing to learn on the job)
- Knowledge of advertising/marketing/media planning principles would be beneficial
- You should be culturally flexible and enjoy working with teams from across different countries, and be comfortable traveling if required
- Strong PowerPoint skills, comfortable using Excel to manipulate and analyse data.
- Expertise in some or all of the following is highly desirable: VBA, SQL, R, Python, Tableau
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.