Requisition ID: 171638
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We are looking for highly motivated and customer-focused team members to build the SAP Cloud Platform (SAP CP) Presales team.
Act as a primary point of contact for the customer for technical topics working closely with all the other internal teams. Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert for the customer on the SAP CP topic and its offerings.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This is a customer facing role where you will support the sales teams during entire cycle of an SAP Cloud Platform deal. Following are the key tasks that this role will perform:
- Present in detail the SAP CP offerings and value proposition to customers (usually to CIO’s, IT managers, data center managers and SAP Technology staff) and partners (usually developers and integration specialists, and/or SAP cloud solution resellers)
- Demonstrate the capabilities of SAP CP
- Work closely with the SAP Customer Solution Managers and Presales Specialists to Architect the solutions for the business problem using SAP CP
- Blue print customer requirements around integration, Business Continuity, Security & Compliance etc.
- Support and organize technical responses to RFP / RFI’s
- Lead and orchestrate successful delivery of Proof of Concepts
- Support Sales team to generate pricing and provide ongoing deal support to sales and partner teams.
- Own the technical discussions with the customer on the SAP CP topic and act as the orchestrator of experts to obtain expertise from SAP CP organization as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Very high proficiency in customer communications, presentations and demonstration is required.
- Good experience in development, preferably Java, J2EE, HTML5 etc and strong exposure to Service oriented Architecture
- Good exposure to SAP Business Suite Applications or Cloud Applications
- Experience in and/or willingness to supporting Platform As A Service (PaaS) business development & deal support
- Exposure to NetWeaver / ABAP is desirable
- Exposure to architecting customer solutions preferably in Big Data or Internet of Things using PaaS offerings is desirable
- Ability and willingness to undertake customer related travel on short notice.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Business Administration required from an accredited university.
- Fluency in English is a MUST, any other language an asset.
- 8+ years of hands-on customer facing Technology Consulting and/or Presales experience (eg. PaaS, Big Data, Integration, Enterprise Software Development etc.)
- Experience with other PaaS services is a BIG advantage; SAP-specific skills would be very helpful but not mandatory.
- Experience working for an enterprise software and/or services vendor necessary
SAP Cloud Platform Overview - https://cloudplatform.sap.com/index.html
“Build, extend and run applications on SAP Cloud Platform—the Platform-as-a-Service from SAP.”
SAP Cloud Platform is the brand name for a collection of cloud solutions and services from SAP, provided as-a-service from SAP’s own data centre locations around the world. These all fit into the market space defined by analysts as Platform-as-a-Service, which is the fastest growing area of cloud today.
Given SAP’s history and the market transition to cloud, SAP CP is firmly positioned at the centre of the cloud transformation all SAP customers are embarking on.
The main areas of value and GTM focus for SAP CP are:
- Line of business cloud extensions & integration
- SAP’s Finance, HR, Customer and Procurement cloud solutions can use SAP CP to extend their functionality and integrate with all other SAP and non-SAP solutions. Prepackaged integration is available as well as all the capabilities to build and extend beyond this. SAP CP is the stated integration and extension platform for S/4HANA, whether on premise or in the cloud.
- SAP’s range of mobile platform, security and device management solutions are available from SAP CP as a set of services to securely mobilize the enterprise
- SAP CP contains both the end-user Lumira solution as well as back-end HANA and other databases for a wide range of analytics deployments
- General platform services
- SAP CP contains multiple services for custom development of a range of applications, including database, identity management, portal, integration and supports multiple programming languages
- SAP Jam provides a collaborative working environment for a corporation, its ecosystem and customers
In addition to the above, the commercial models for SAP CP provide a range of monetization channels that support our partner ecosystem as well as direct sales motions:
- Free trials
- Direct sales
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :
Job Segment: Architecture, Cloud, Engineer, ERP, Developer, Engineering, Technology