Singapore is transforming itself into a Smart Nation, and the Smart Nation Sensor Platform (SNSP) is GovTech’s core initiative in building the next generation enabling platforms and services to support Singapore’s Smart Nation vision.
We are seeking candidates who are bold in challenging status quo and creative in problem solving. You are willing to self-learn new technologies and adapt with the rapidly changing environment in the world of Internet of Things (IoT).
As Deputy (Programme) Director, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team comprising of subject-matter-experts in data/video analytics platform, sensors & IoT devices, wired/wireless communications, security infrastructure etc to ensure the successful delivery of the Smart Nation Sensor Platform.
To succeed in this role, you are likely to be meticulous and organised, with the ability to capture the spoken and unspoken users’ needs and translate them into user-centric solutions. Practical experience in managing multiple large projects within a programme is a must.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of a team of project managers including scheduling activities of team, setting work priorities, establishing KPIs for team members
- Engage external users from various government agencies to gather requirements and obtain buy-in
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team comprising of product managers, software engineers, system engineers, infrastructure engineers etc to understand the various technical aspects of the projects including the capabilities and limitations of the systems
- Present technical insights to senior management and external stakeholders
- Chair meetings to obtain updates from the various project stakeholders on scope, timeline and budgets
- Ensure that projects are delivered at its highest quality given the resources, timeline and limitations
- Manage the project budget and process for the procurement of necessary goods and services for the project including contract negotiation
- Manage decommission of old system and commissioning of new systems for the whole of government
- Act as a bridge between the business and technical teams and be able to follow up and resolve any technical and/or operational issues
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or other related disciplines
- Min 15 years’ experience in IT or related industries with ITIL and/or PMP certification
- Proven track record in delivering large scale and complex projects, comprising of end-to-end hardware, infrastructure and software, within cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels and from diverse background
- Passionate about technical solutioning and able to convince and obtain buy-in from stakeholders to adopt the platforms and standards used by the SNSP
- Self-driven and motivated to learn and follow topics related to the projects
- Understand the project from the business and technical point of view
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate ideas clearly to the senior management and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of various messaging services eg DDS, MQTT, OPC-UA etc and familiarity with REST is advantageous
- Project Management or consulting experience preferred