Xaxis is looking for a Programmatic Trading Manager to join the team in Hong Kong. Programmatic Trading at the heart of all Xaxis activities, and is pivotal to the success of each campaign that is executed. You will be the programmatic trading team lead with few traders to support and work closely with all other teams within the Xaxis family from Client Development and Ad Operations to Data and Product. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, enthusiastic and is flexible with embracing changes and new challenges.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director of Ad Operations and Products of Xaxis Hong Kong.
3 best things about the job:
- It’s a great work environment - You will collaborate with a group of quick witted, humorous, diverse and extremely dedicated colleagues who are all passionate about programmatic and making advertising welcome.
- Opinions and ideas are highly encouraged, and everyone has a voice at Xaxis. Ambition is expected and passion is admired. We are always open to new ways of thinking from everyone, especially those that will contribute to the overall success of Xaxis.
- It is never static. You are empowered to create your own balance and be proactive. There is always something new to learn, new challenges to overcome, and new technology to embrace everyday.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Mentor and provide guidance to members of the team to effectively bid and optimize all programmatic campaigns after setup by Operations team.
- Coordinate with Operations team to work with campaigns from Hong Kong and across the region to manage their programmatic campaigns across all channels
- Share updates with other team members as well as provide in-depth campaign insights and optimization recommendations for campaign improvement
- Ensure that the team is aligned and operating in the same standardized manner and following all regional and global processes
- Become a trusted advisor and expert within the programmatic trading field
- Take an active role in developing broader programmatic strategic recommendations and best practices that can be applied across the whole region
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Gain an in depth understanding of the programmatic landscape, be trained on the various Xaxis platforms and tools and have an understanding of how Xaxis operates
- Incorporate and recommend other aspects of the Xaxis business including audience planning and insights, Xaxis products and Xaxis Marketplace as part of the overall campaign strategy and execution
- Develop relationships and earn trust with Operations team as well as regional programmatic trading team
In six months:
- Mentor, guide and provide advice to Programmatic Trading team both a day-to-day aspects as well as from a talent development perspective
- Become a trusted advisor and partner to local market teams
- Approach Trading from a strategic perspective – and also incorporate Test and learn initiatives and knowledge share with the wider trading team in all aspects of Programmatic Trading
In 12 months:
- Develop and identify gaps/processes/tools to improve campaign performance and efficiency
- Identify gaps and opportunities areas to maintain the edge and always stay ahead in the programmatic space
- Develop your team and their talents - identify opportunity areas for them to grow
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- 3-5 years professional experience with digital media
- Cantonese speaking is a must.
- Hands on experience and knowledge in programmatic trading
- Deep understanding of DSPs/SSPs, RTB, ad exchanges, DMPs, audience targeting
- Experience in campaign implementation, optimization and reporting, experience with response driven/demand generation campaigns
- Experience in managing and dealing with multi-markets across APAC
- Knowledge and passion for digital marketing: digital display, digital branding, digital direct response, SEM, video & mobile
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment - harvest vast amounts of information, news, data, and research and distil the most important/relevant information for your agency team and their clients.
Xaxis is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers to audiences across all addressable channels. Through the expert use of proprietary data and advertising technology along with unparalleled media relationships, Xaxis delivers results for clients in 47 markets across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East. Advertisers working with Xaxis achieve exceptionally high return on advertising spend through the company’s proprietary media products, as well as through its specialist companies, Triad Retail Media, Light Reaction and plista. For more information, visit www.xaxis.com.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.