You will have the responsibility for conceiving and implementing data analytics and insight plans for our key clients in MEC through integrating existing client and agency data sources as well as developing new work streams to fill data and knowledge gaps with a key focus on digital.
You will be expected to provide a leadership role (along with client lead and strategic lead) on providing tangible recommendations based on data analysis.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Analytics & Insights.
3 best things about the job:
- Fast paced and dynamic role working with various brands and teams as a key agency resource both locally and globally
- High opportunity for learning and exposure to a vast amount of subjects and data
- Strong potential for career acceleration
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Data Analysis & Insights – effectively and timely deliver data and analytics requirements for the different brand teams
- Tools & Technology – develop expertise across MEC and industry tools with a specific focus on TV and digital/social listening tools
- Project Management – independently handle tasks and provide guidance to the different brand teams for their data and analytics requirements
In six months:
- Data Analysis & Insights – Be able to provide guidance and quality control for the junior analysts and data managers
- Tools & Technology – be able to craft tools and technology usage improvements to improve workflow efficiency
- Thought Leadership – contribute to the crafting of regular media landscape updates, trend analysis and thought pieces.
In twelve months:
- Data Analysis & Insights – introduce innovations and improvements not just within the A&I team but the different business units as well
- Tools & Technology – take an active role in scouting and evaluating new tools and technology that will be beneficial to the agency
- Thought Leadership – ensure participation/contribution in industry data and technology organizations, conferences and seminars
- Design, generate and implement long term measurement plans, including campaign, attitudinal, behavioral and business metrics for key clients. Generate and interpret data via tools (Eg. ATL – Nielsen Media Index/ Digital – Sysomos, Global Web Index, Comscore, etc./ Proprietary – Live Panel, 3D)
- Provide client leadership to make recommendations and adjustments in the areas of strategic planning, media budget required, channel and geography allocation, and provide guidance to MEC team on system to optimize media placements
- Proactively identifying gaps in knowledge, looking for additional client revenue opportunities and working to implement solutions to fill these
- Keeping abreast of current industry and research thinking and approaches and having a good working knowledge of MEC offer in all areas of the business e.g. Interaction, Access, Strategic Planning, etc.
- Client facing experience of providing data analytics and insight solutions, either in a research agency, media owner, digital or media agency, or advertiser.
- Graduate capability (research, statistics, communication or marketings
- Fluent oral and written English is essential
- An experience of commissioning and/or delivering qualitative and quantitative research projects is desirable.
- Experience of data management, data analytics, and designing and applying business intelligence dashboard solutions essential; experience in running digital/social listening tools is a plus
- At least 2-3 years local media, market research, digital analytics and/or marketing experience preferred
MEC is committed to growth. Growth for our people, our clients, and our industry. MEC pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in order to thrive in ~ Ad Ops ~ Analytics ~ Brand Partnerships ~ Content Marketing ~ Data ~ Insight ~ Integrated Planning ~ Mobile ~ Multi-cultural ~ Performance Marketing ~ Planning & Buying ~ Programmatic ~ Search ~ Social ~ Sport, Entertainment & Cause Marketing. Our 5,000 highly talented and motivated people work with category leading advertisers in 93 countries and we are a founding partner of GroupM. To find out more, visit us at www.mecglobal.com #dontjustlivethrive
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one ofthe fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.