Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Interaction Manager/Associate Director
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to interact and learn from the best people within MEC Hong Kong as well as across regional and global markets
- Working in the fast-growing agency in Hong Kong with the energetic and passionate team
- You will be able to work with the team on creating a campaign that not only fits the client's requirements but also exceeds them
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Have an understanding of the agency portfolio of clients
- Lead and engage respective clients
In six months, you would have:
- Train and mentor executives in your team
- Participate in new business pitches
In 12 months, you would have:
- Ability to independently manage campaigns with little supervision
- Ability to execute and optimise across all digital platforms
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with the account teams under the guidance of Interaction Manager to assist the account teams in delivering Digital media, Search & Performance solutions
- Prepare digital media plans, including display/rich media advertising, search engine marketing, social media marketing, and mobile marketing, amongst others
- Assist in preparing post-buy-analysis and preparing media information for client’s proposal
What you will need:
- University degree ideally in business, marketing, advertising, communications or a related field. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Must be flexible, highly motivated and able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Must be numerate and have strong attention to detail
- Must be well organized and have strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Fluent written and spoken English and Chinese is a must
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content, and technology agency in the world. Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content, and technology.
Hong Kong market overview Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.