**Some careers have more impact than others.**
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as **Stress Testing Manager, Wholesale Credit and Market Risk**.
**In this role, you will**
* Ensure that stress testing is implemented across the group in line with best practice for the purpose of risk management, compliance with the Basel II and III regulatory framework and meeting enterprise wide stress testing needs.
* Ensure that stress testing is executed consistently across three risk types, market risk, counterparty risk and wholesale credit risk.
* Supporting the ownership and accountability on some of the key elements of the stress testing framework, including, providing methodology guidance to the local sites with the support of the Group methodology team, consolidating results, delivering analysis to Senior
* Management and ensuring that stress testing is meeting the demands of the front office.
* Contribute to regular market and economic analyses to ensure that our stress scenario library is suited for proactive risk management.
* Assist senior members of the team form a judgment on the appropriateness of positions versus risk appetite using stress results computed by numerous teams across the Group. Transform Senior Management strategy and questions into practical stress testing approach to improve risk reward decisions. Take initiatives to develop innovative solutions
* Contribute and take part of the responsibility for ensuring that stressed risk measures are in line with best practice and meet regulatory requirements.
* Be part of the team that is the main point of contact in Wholesale Credit and Market Risk for stress testing questions coming from local regions, other teams and regulators. Drive the incentive and provide directions to the local sites so that stress testing is used appropriately by risk managers for decision making, vulnerabilities in the traded portfolio are well understood by senior management.
**To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements**
* Previous relevant experience in risk management and a clear understanding of risk management techniques across a diverse portfolio of assets
* Ability to prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines when required
* Ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear manner
* Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a various range of stakeholders including technical and non technical staff
* Able to interact effectively with senior management within Risk and the business
* Experience in building credit or market models would be beneficial but is not essential
* Experience in interacting with regulators is useful
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009DBK
**You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.**
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited