“Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?” You might be using HERE every day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. And we’re not stopping there. We are evolving what used to be thought of as a map, into a real-time, 3D, digital representation of the world that will help us achieve our vision of enabling an Autonomous World for everyone.
To stay ahead of the game and continue to create breakthrough solutions for our customers, we are looking for the brightest and most passionate minds out there to join our melting pot of strategists, creatives, entrepreneurs, inventors, engineers, developers, explorers and travelers. We believe that with the right people, we have the right ingredients to become a game-changer in the technology industry.
Make HERE your destination. We’re just getting started.
As Data Acquisition & Community Engagement Manager (m/f), you will be embedded in an exciting, newly formed, highly motivated organization that is an integral pillar of our map building strategy. Your role will be to lead a passionate team of experts dispersed across Middle East, Turkey, and Africa. The team is managing the sourcing activities for a variety of high importance map content categories that are key for our future products. The team also runs Developers Community Programs as well as an expert Community Program that is crucial to our map creation strategy. It allows private as well as corporate map experts to contribute to the freshness of our map based on their local knowledge and passion for maps.
The position is based in Dubai (UAE). Johannesburg (South Africa) or Istanbul (Turkey) could be also possible.
Your role will require fulfilment of the following responsibilities:
- Data Acquisition Management:
- Develop a broad understanding of the data market and supplier segmentation in the region.
- The creation of sourcing strategy based on organizational strategy and map requirements/gaps.
- Execute sourcing strategy by selecting optimal mix of suppliers (e.g. priority setting, business value, trade-off decisions, etc.) to meet regional goals and meet scope, budget, timeframe and quality requirements.
- Identify market trends and provide feedback on potential opportunities and threats to leadership and Product Management.
- Community Engagement Management:
- Develop a broad understanding of the various community segments in the region.
- The creation of community strategy based on map requirements/gaps, community opportunities, and in line with the organizational strategy.
- Execute community strategy by selecting an optimal mix of communities (e.g. type of community) to meet regional goals and meet required scope, budget, timeframe and quality requirements.
- Ensure proper incentive programs to keep targeted communities engaged (manage / increase active users and business value of community input).
- Leadership & People Management:
- Solid understanding of the different cultures within the MEA region.
- Communicate Sourcing & Community strategy internally and externally, and set SMART goals / measures in relation to established regional strategy.
- Prepare and conduct performance appraisals and career development discussions for staff and support the annual merit, promotion and incentive planning process.
- Build relevant cross-departmental and cross-functional relationships (e.g. Sales, Operation, Product Management, HR, Training, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or similar
- 12+ years proven relevant working experience in Sales, Marketing, Business Development or similar
- Knowledge and/or understanding of Maps and Location-Based services
- Strong Leadership background in leading dispersed / remote and cross-cultural teams
- Experience with supplier or customer relationship management and ability to build, sustain and leverage effective networking relationships
- Experience with marketing activities and tools. Developer communities’ engagement is an advantage
- Convincing and persuasive “can do” attitude, with high goal orientation
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), presentation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Analytical capability to assess the performance of suppliers against criteria such as quality, cost, reliability, ability to innovate and financial stability
- Familiarity with Sourcing and Vendor Management software preferred
- Fluent in English, other languages (e.g. Arabic, French, and Turkish) an advantage
- Travel requirements up to 30%-40%