Overview of job
Due to increasing growth and expansion, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the SEO team in our Sydney office. You will work with leading brands and learn from some of the best SEO talent in Australia. If you are passionate about SEO and motivated to succeed, you will fit in well with our team.
This position will focus on the fulfilment of Search Engine Optimisation and some eCommerce Optimisation services for our clients, assisting the SEO & eCommerce Manager and Content Distribution Director in delivering MediaCom’s SEO & eCommerce products.
In this role you will have a range of duties including research and auditing of client & competitor campaigns, monthly reporting, assisting in the development of inbound marketing strategies & providing recommendations to clients.
Our continuous learning program and on the job support will ensure your continued advancement within the company.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the SEO & eCommerce Manager
3 best things about the job:
- A role in one of Sydney’s most successful agencies
- Entrepreneurial role, focused on both efficiency and growth
- A truly supportive culture, with fantastic people focused on success
Measures of success:
In three months, you will have:
- Begun monitoring industry press relating to your area and feeding back into the group.
- Become familiar with the SEO and eCommerce client base, and the objectives and work involved in delivering value to them.
- Completed a content research audit, analysing opportunities for the client’s website.
- Completed a website health check, performed technical analysis and provided insights on the results.
- Used a variety of tools and techniques to complete analysis of competitor content and SEO credentials.
In six months, you will have:
- Planned and executed integrated content distribution strategies in line with SEO best practice.
- Become a clear and reliable point of contact for relevant clients and internal teams, managing day-to-day communications.
- Taken the lead on key deliverables across core client base.
In 12 months, you will have:
- Taken the lead role in smaller SEO projects.
- Worked closely with client service team / lead in order to proactively account manage clients and develop integrated media and content distribution strategies for clients.
- Worked alongside clients’ marketing teams to develop and contribute to overarching marketing and content strategies.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support both the SEO & eCommerce Manager and SEO Director along with the wider MBA team across client and pitch work.
- Completion of required audits in relation to technical SEO, Content, Outreach and Analytics.
- Competitor audits and performance tracking through a range of tools and processes.
- Manage some external supplier relationships
- Monitor and report on client data analytics e.g. Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics, providing insight and research to team and client
- Manage smaller SEO projects or integrations across wider campaigns.
- Regular client reporting
- Present relevant documentation, where required, with full rationale for results both internally and to clients.
- Maintain regular dialogue on campaign performance and market opportunities to ensure continual management of providing the best results for the brand.
- Input into content distribution strategy across clients with a focus on organic search discovery.
- Monitor industry press relating to your area and feedback into the group.
- Help the team research and create white-papers & case studies.
- Write case studies for the department website http://mediacombeyondadvertising.com
What you will need:
Comprehensive training is provided, however you will require:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- An excellent work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- A committed work ethic; be able to manage deadlines and pressure situations (but also know when to stop & enjoy the great social life at MediaCom).
- To follow instructions, be organised and work autonomously.
- Have a passion for learning.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- An entry level understanding of HTML and the ability to create web pages and basic websites.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel as well as a sound understanding of Internet Browsers & an HTML writing software such as Dreamweaver.
One or more of these qualifications will be highly favourable, but not essential:
- Qualification in an area of Web Development
- Marketing or communications degree
- Customer service qualification or experience
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA June 2017), employing 7,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries.
Its global client roster includes Dell, P&G, Shell and Universal. The agency was recently named Global Agency of the Year at the 2017 M&M Awards, an accolade it has been awards 7 times in the past 9 years and Festival of Media Global Agency Network of the Year in 2017, winning an unprecedented 18 awards.
MediaCom is a member of WPP AUNZ, the world’s largest marketing communication services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.