Associate Director, Digital – Mindshare Malaysia
Mindshare Malaysia's most awarded agency! Being the Digital Associate Director on one of Mindshare’s most interesting and digitally forward accounts, you will be a trusted advisor not just to the client, but for internal (regional / global) touch-points on the local market.
4 reasons this is a great job :
- Drive digital strategies and manage the operational relationship for one of Mindshare’s most interesting and digitally forward FMCG client.
- Puts you on the cutting edge of digital advertising (search, social, online video, etc.) and digital measurement.
- Drive best practice digital marketing solutions as this client is one of Mindshare biggest digital spenders.
- Opportunity to work for a globally networked client.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Demonstrate understanding of the client using data to gain insight on business challenges. You will also be up to speed with the competitor landscape for the client’s industry.
- Demonstrate your values added to the organization.
In six months:
- Be the person whom the client goes to for digital insight and activities. Being to propose ideas and activities to answer the identified challenges.
- Be part of a team who deliver award winning work
In 12 months:
- Able to mentor and handle performance and lead projects independently.
About the Role
- Responsible and accountable for client’s digital P&L, ensuring growing digital revenues and profitability across brands.
- Client servicing, relationship management and demonstrating digital leadership across brands.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of client businesses and ensure digital strategies align with brands business objectives and needs.
- To drive brands digital investments upwards and to plan and develop ideas for “media first” innovations and build capability in strategy.
- Establish senior client relationships that position Mindshare as a principle business partner. Be unafraid to push back, be bold and stand your ground in terms of ideas.
- Collaborate with core planning teams to ensure optimal integration of digital solutions in the overall brand plans, and ensure deployment of best-in-class digital implementation across brands.
- Grow team’s digital capabilities and develop sound long term strategic plans for all the key brands.
- Trusted advisor not just to the client, but for internal (regional / global) touch-points on the local market. Work closely with the regional team on all the reports, digital trainings/workshops.
- Oversee the team’s day to day tasks, ensure quality service delivery and efficient implementation across all brands.
- Experience in developing and implementing various digital strategies, with media background and agency experience an advantage.
- Experience in managing large budgets.
- Strong leadership and strategic thinker, an independent, self-driven and responsible individual, with multi-tasking and decision making abilities.
- Significant proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners.
- Detailed awareness of the digital industry, client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, market status and competition.
- Shows a depth of understanding of the industry, business, brands and consumers in client conversations.
- This client doesn’t just ask for innovation – they expect it. So you’ll be part of a team who deliver award winning work.
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com
As Malaysia moves towards its goal of becoming a developed nation by 2020, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Looking ahead to 2018, Malaysia is one of the focus markets for securing the latest versions of our global programmatic technology, data management platforms and cross-media analytics. Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.