MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
For our Integrated Process Teams (IPTs) within MSD Pharmaceutical Operations in Oss we are currently searching candidates for the position:
Planner Buyer Lead
The IPTs within Pharmaceutical Operations produce, package and distribute tablets, injectables and special products based on polymer technology.
- The Planner Buyer Lead (internal: Planner Buyer) is responsible for either the bulk IPT or the packaging IPT end-to-end planning process to guarantee timely availability of products and contributing to the IPT profit plan. Translates the strategic and tactical planning of MSD into a planning framework (Rhythm Wheel) for the IPT, translating it into short term planning per operational process and contributes to the IPT profit plan. Coordinates the execution of the total planning process;
- Contributes to, in close collaboration with the Master Data Lead, the smooth introduction of artwork changes and line extensions with regard to all possible consequences for MSD Manufacturing Division (MMD). Is accountable for aligning planning data with proven capacity. Is responsible for IPT planning data control and consistency;
- Collects, analyzes and monitors data regarding the IPT planning, prioritize, adjust and improve the planning process where necessary;
- Monitors inventory levels, minimizes/avoids discards and timely follow up;
- Formulate change management proposals and authorizes changes;
- Guarantees, together with other Planner Buyers and Planning Sensei, integrated supply chain solutions (process standardization and improvements);
- People management and EHS responsibilities for the Planner(s) reporting to you, directly linked to the IPT in which you operate;
- Project or SME roles at site or IPT level can be assigned.
The Planner Buyer will report to the IPT Lead.
Desired skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor+ or Master degree in the field of Economics and/or Logistics;
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience, preferably in a technical, manufacturing or regulatory environment;
- Good people management skills, preferably relevant managerial experience;
- Good prioritizing skills and able to make a just decision also in case of (time) pressure;
- Strong innovative abilities, including IT applications, strong drive for continuous improvement;
- Strong, continuous focus on clients, quality and compliance;
- Good understanding and working experience with SAP in the Manufacturing area, preference of understanding of MES (Werum);
- Experience with LEAN concepts and techniques;
- Proven experience and knowledge of project management in relevant environments
- Good communication skills both oral as in writing in Dutch and English.
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Evert van Dijk, IPT Lead Steriles, telephone number 0412 -66 16 88.
If you are interested in this challenging role, you are requested to apply online by uploading your resume and application letter in English.
Job: Materials Planning/Scheduling
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: MSD