Overview of job
As an Analyst with MediaCom Business Science, you will work within our high performing Business Science Asia Pacific unit. Business Science is MediaCom’s advanced analytics team which helps analyze and optimise our clients’ marketing strategies. MediaCom Business Science is a global team with centres of excellence in Western & Central Europe, North & South America, and Asia Pacific. You will be based out of our Asia Pacific centre in Singapore and cover multiple markets across the region.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Manager level within Business Science APAC
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work directly with the world’s biggest brands on high-profile projects regionally and globally
- A fun, flexible work environment that combines the best of entrepreneurialism whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Working within a proven, high-performing team with an excellent network of support and development opportunities within MediaCom-GroupM and WPP
Measures of success –
In three months:
- You will be familiar with MediaCom Business Science’s services and tools
- Understand our value proposition and your role within the team
In six months:
- Learned how to contribute to the delivery of substantially advanced analytics project
- Have shown initiative in sell learning of existing products and/or processes
- Have established relationships with your team and stakeholders
In 12 months:
- Deliver consistent accurate analytical output
- Have a deeper understanding of our clients business
- Worked with your managers' directors to ensure our analytical recommendations are aligned and actioned for real-world business impact
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage, manipulate (and learn to understand) wide and deep streams of media, market performance, brand, and consumer data.
- Create base level econometric models and apply quantitative techniques to derive intelligent insights that will impact communication and planning strategy
- Manipulate results into presentation formats via Word, PowerPoint, and Tableau
You will also:
- Interpret data to aid project teams in the creation of cohesive stories for clients
- Develop expertise working with MediaCom’s technology solutions/tools / databases to identify consumer insights
- Contribute to the improvement of the team’s processes and knowledge management
What you will need:
- Entry level to 2 years of experience in data analysis/insights /business science/market research/media or strategic planning
- A Bachelors or master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Market Research, or similar quantitatively driven majors
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable with PowerPoint and or Tableau
- Knowledge of analytics and data management software & programs would be desirable e.g. SQL, R, Python, EViews, SPSS etc
- Desire to develop an understanding of advertising/marketing/media planning principles
- You should be culturally flexible and enjoy working with teams across different countries
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.