Overview of job
You are responsible to manage a key franchise of a leading FMCG brand. Youshould be proficient to create integrated media solutions & manage multiple brands. You will also be responsible for handling day to day operations and interact with all the Strategic Units & ensure smooth functioning of the team & processes.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managing Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Build and strengthen your career portfolio with one of the top FMCG brand in the world.
- Lead and mentor a team of skilled offline & online experts to deliver high quality product.
- Attain strong understanding of cross channel media strategy by working on wide-ranging categories.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Presented brand & plan strategies to all the clients handled.
- Understood GroupM way of working and able to navigate through the verticals.
In six months:
- Won client’s confidence.
- Initiated & delivered at least 2 key projects.
In 12 months:
- Managed all annual review/planning proposal for the assigned client, coordinating the full agency resource to deliver the result.
- Manage, Mentor and Train the team on an independent basis.
- Worked on future communication directives for your assigned client to address the dynamic media development, in collaboration with the client and our regional team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Build and maintain productive and long lasting relationship with client across all levels and departments.
- Ensure our planning is strategically led, considering consumer insight, business insight and coming up with media led big ideas to deliver value for our client.
- Have the understanding and confidence to discuss all aspects of the business, including working with the clients to arrive at the best process/systems for managing their business.
- Develop a motivated team focused on improving our delivery to the client.
- Act as a mentor to junior employees. Conduct annual and interim appraisals of team members in a thorough and professional manner.
- Prioritize tasks and appropriately delegate to individual members of the team, ensuring they are given adequate time, resource and are sufficiently trained to execute the tasks.
What you will need:
- Candidate with minimum of 6years of strategic planning experience across all communication platforms. Experience in managing FMCG brands/ business will be an added advantage.
- Be able to manage and motivate employees, clients and suppliers.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills as well as strong selling skills.
- Strong English language skills.
- Be current on systems applications and updates.
- Possess thorough market, industry and client management knowledge.
- Understand the Malaysian media environment.
Maxus builds innovative plans that result in consumer actions for our client’s brands through our passion, agility, collaboration & entrepreneurial culture. It’s our consumer centric focus, innovation in channel application and market leading leverage that helps to differentiate us in any of the markets that we operate in around the globe. We bring all of this to life through our talented people, our unique ways of working, our tools and data pipes that fuel truths, ideas and recommendations based on achieving business not media objectives. We love what we do, we do what love and we hope you will to. To find out more, please visit us at http://maxusglobal.com.
As Malaysia moves towards its goal of becoming a developed nation by 2020, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Looking ahead, Malaysia is one of the focus markets for securing the latest versions of our global programmatic technology, data management platforms and cross-media analytics. Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.