Overview of job
Wavemaker Sydney is seeking an experienced Search manager with demonstrated success in optimizing and managing multiple corporate clients towards defined KPIs and a good understanding of the Performance/RTB Eco-system across SEM, Social & ideally Performance Display.
You will be responsible for growing all aspects of Performance activity across some of our larger clients, providing insight, strategy and high-quality deliverables in tandem with the digital and wider client team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Performance Director with support from a Search Executive (with one years’ experience).
3 best things about the job:
- From day one, an important and influential figure, within a growing team, with exposure to media planning and buying process across online and offline.
- A chance to run a newly created team and join one of Australia’s top places to work (13th Best Place to Work).
- Working across a diverse and prestigious set of clients with varying objectives across a mix of performance channels.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- You will be up to speed with Wavemaker's performance proposition and processes (optimisation, reporting and billing).
- You will have assumed day to day responsibility for your clients (one large, one small).
- You will have started to build good working relationships with all members of the Sydney Performance team, including SEO.
In six months:
- You will be confidently running your allocated accounts, meeting all KPIs, and be assuming all client relationship management.
- You will be helping with process improvement, rolling our bid platforms, reporting automation and improving team efficiency through effective work process flow.
- You will be the go to person for all Performance related matters for your designated client and the corresponding digital and client comms teams on the account.
In 12 months:
- You will be growing revenue from performance services from existing clients and new prospects.
- You will be involved in updating the team and wider agency on the latest industry updates and trends and in particular how these impact clients and approach to planning.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage a junior member of the team (Executive) working across search and social biddable campaigns towards defined KPIs set by clients.
- Stay abreast of industry updates, inform clients and teams of the same, and identify new opportunities for the client and gain buy in via consultative upselling.
- Building strong relations with clients and team members alike with clear and effective communications (spoken, written and presenting) with ability to influence and gain trust.
What you will need:
- 3+ years of experience running high-volume campaigns across Google, Bing, YouTube, GDN, Facebook etc.
- Experience in management is desirable but we would also consider experience training and mentoring junior staff with a strong desire to move into management.
- Proven track record of running campaigns and managing large corporate clients.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage priorities and set expectations for external and internal stakeholder.
- Hold the Google Fundamentals and Advanced proficiency exams.
- Working knowledge of third-party bid management tools, preferably Kenshoo and / or DoubleClick.
- Proven experience of on-going campaign optimization to improve click-through rate (CTR), quality score (QS) and return on investment (ROI).
- Understanding of the relationship between display and other online and offline marketing activities including Organic Search, with ideas for effective coordination.
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.