Overview of job
You will play a key role in the Search & Social pillar of the FAST Team. You will work together with other members of the FAST Activate team and Client Leadership teams to ensure delivery of performance driven campaigns across Search and Social channels.
Reporting of the role
This role will report to Senior Manager of FAST Activate
3 best things about the job:
- Working across a diverse and prestigious set of clients with varying objectives across a mix of performance channels (Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- The chance to grow into a fully rounded Performance Specialist with account optimisation, reporting/insights and strategy best practices plus gradual exposure to client management
- Mentored by a fun, dynamic and growing team, with exposure to media planning and buying process across other online channels and traditional offline media
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Adopted best practices around campaign structure, ad copy guidelines, and campaign optimisation techniques
- Become familiar with Mindshare’s performance proposition and processes (optimisation, reporting and billing)
- Demonstrate mastery of all platforms and systems which power search and social media
- Receive great feedback from co-workers and key client contacts as a result of strong communication both internally and externally
In six months:
- Learnt how to build a paid and social campaign from scratch with minimal supervision.
- Been confidently running four small client accounts independently, meeting all KPIs, and be assuming client relationship management
- Regularly contributed to the monthly performance newsletter cover industry updates and trends and in particular how these impact clients and approach to planning
- Become a trusted advisor through strong justification of recommendations, strong timeline management and delivering outcomes
- Drive the testing of new betas, platforms and other innovations for our clients
In 12 months:
- Taken on more client facing responsibility and started to get involved in face to face meetings, attempting to upsell new features and services
- Developed relationships with other teams in the agency and started contributing to responses to client briefs
- Assisted the Senior Manager – FAST Activate in new business pitches, including background research, defining strategy to preparing presentation material
- Be able to analyze and provide insights on search and social channels
Responsibilities of the role:
- Day to day optimisation and management of search and social biddable campaigns working towards defined KPIs set by clients
- Generating reports and insights from campaigns and communicating these to the team and smaller clients directly
- Building strong relations with team members with clear and effective communications (spoken, written and presenting) with ability to influence and gain trust
- Implementation of single and multi-variant tests to increase campaign efficiency
- Build account structure, optimizations, testing, tracking and overall management
- Contribute to an environment where ‘Innovation as usual’ thrives in everyday work
What you will need:
- Minimum 1 years’ hands on experience managing paid search and/or social biddable campaigns with a keen interest in all digital marketing disciplines
- Good understanding of the 3 main networks: Google, Facebook and YouTube
- Keeps up-to-date with SEM Industry changes and the latest practices and procedures
- Builds meaningful relationships with team members and suppliers
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- A good work ethic, problem solving and proficient time management skills
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft office software.
- Comfortable using Microsoft excel and manipulating dashboards – an analytical mind that is creative as well as data-driven to identify trends/patterns and insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate genuine curiosity and interest in our clients & their business
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and/or communications preferred
FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) was launched in 2015 and works to simplify data, technology and content work streams for clients and integrates all branding and performance assets, providing an efficient single view across all markets and channels delivering performance marketing.
Powered by best in class talent and technology, including the recently launched mPlatform from GroupM, FAST also taps the open ecosystem leveraging the best AI, e-commerce and dynamic content solutions where applicable.
As an integrated service, FAST dovetails with traditional media planning and buying services, enabling maximum efficiency in driving insights, targeting, allocating investment, activating and optimising across all media and helps Mindshare clients move faster to an outcome-based performance approach. In FAST we believe in marketing that performs, not performance marketing; An integrated, data-driven approach that delivers results for both the brand and the individual across the entire consumer journey, media ecosystems, and devices.
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group
About GroupM Singapore
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.