Xaxis is looking for a Senior Client Development Manager, APAC to lead Xaxis Group companies (Xaxis, Plista, Light Reaction) client relations with GroupM clients. This person will be the primary strategic client facing person for all Xaxis Group Companies in APAC.
Reporting of the role
The Client Development Manager APAC will report directly to the VP of Client Development APAC.
3 best things about the job:
- Working closely with senior agency client leaders, MD’s and CEO’s to ensure Xaxis, Light Reaction and Plista are positioned and communicated correctly during new business pitches
- Working closely with clients themselves to strategically expand their use of programmatic through Xaxis companies both in terms of revenue and footprint.
- Working closely with Xaxis Group company leaders in APAC markets to drive excellence in client development, strategic proposals so as to present Xaxis capabilities and new Xaxis products to the best potential.
Measures of success
In three months:
- Develop and drive top 25 client relationships
- Work closely with local market Xaxis engagement teams to ensure any local market opportunities are being amplified across APAC or avoid any duplication of efforts
- Work closely with Xaxis global colleagues to ensure any global opportunities can be maximized
- Work closely with product, operations and analytics teams in Singapore to build detailed knowledge of platform and new products.
In six months:
- Work with local Xaxis Group Leaders and senior GroupM personnel to manage revenue extraction from GroupM clients
- Consult with clients to ensure they are seeing value (strategy, performance, savings, insight) from using Xaxis Group Companies.
- Influence and help meet of sales targets of each APAC market and work with each market sales personnel on forecasting and client development.
In twelve months:
- To identify and help develop (with supply, product and operations teams) and launch any new platform enhancements and products in APAC.
- Represent Xaxis Group Companies at conferences and events.
Responsibilities of the role:
The Client Development Manager is the face of Xaxis Group Companies to our largest and most important clients. This is a customer-facing position that requires a strategic mind, exceptional relationship management skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. Their tenacity, drive, market knowledge and respect are key to driving overall APAC revenues. They are critical building the Xaxis business so must have excellent ability to build agency and client relationships and leverage these to ensure investment increases over time. The success of this candidate will very much determine Xaxis’ business success in the coming years
- To be the primary strategic client facing person for Xaxis Group Companies in APAC
- To work closely with senior agency client leaders, MD’s and CEO’s to ensure Xaxis, Light Reaction and Plista are positioned and communicated correctly during new business pitches
- To work closely with clients themselves to strategically expand their use of programmatic through Xaxis companies both in terms of revenue and footprint.
- To work closely with Xaxis Group company leaders in APAC markets to drive excellence in client development, strategic proposals so as to present Xaxis capabilities and new Xaxis products to the best potential.
- To monitor and drive achievement of revenue targets by local Xaxis markets.
- The candidate will be measured with achievement of top 25 client APAC revenue goals each quarter and also on 3 personal objectives each quarter.
What you will need:
- 6+ years digital media experience
- Proven digital media selling credentials
- Proven sales success with clients and agencies
- Digital sales background to include experience of senior/strategic level interaction with customers
- Articulate & strong communicator
- Presentation skills
- Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Sales Force skills
- Experience in delivering against revenue targets or measureable deliverables
- Experience in maintaining client relationships and overcoming issues and objections to achieve core business objectives
- Logical reasoning skills and comfort with numbers
- Experience in managing key clients and maintain long term external client relationships
- Experience of multiple industry categories and understanding of what drives their online advertising success
- Understanding of online media market, dynamics and competition in Asia
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Trading Desk client relationship / DSP sales experience
- Agency experience
- Technology sales experience
- Proven independence and entrepreneurial spirit
- Technical knowledge of adserving & tracking
Xaxis is a global digital media platform that programmatically connects advertisers to audiences across all addressable channels. Through the expert use of proprietary data and advertising technology along with unparalleled media relationships, Xaxis delivers results for over 2,800 clients in 45 markets across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East. Advertisers working with Xaxis achieve exceptionally high return on advertising spend through the company’s proprietary media products,, as well as through its specialist companies, Light Reaction, Bannerconnect, plista and ActionX. For more information, visit www.xaxis.com.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.