Centre Cook – Alfredton
Goodstart is Australia's largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We're looking for a talented centre cook to join the team at Goodstart , to plan and prepare a nutritious and exciting menu for the children attending the centre.
- Welcoming and fun environment
- 95 place centre
- We are ideally looking for a candidate who has good working knoweldge of kitchen operations
- Permanent position 25 hours per week across 5 days
- Support the health and wellbeing of the children through planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Prepare meals to meet the needs of children with special dietary requirements and allergies
- Order food supplies in consultation with centre director
- Ensure safe and hygienic storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks
- Work as part of a team to create a safe, caring and educational place for children
- Competitive award wages
- Flexible work arrangements
- Supportive and friendly team
- Child care discounts
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Professional development
- Career pathways and opportunities
If you hold a Food Handling certificate, and have experience cooking meals within a child care centre or similar environment, then we'd love to meet you!
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and we look to reflect this commitment in our employees. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please 'Apply Now'
For further information please contact Sammi Nguyen on 03 9825 7725
Posting Notes: ALFREDTON, BALLARAT || VIC || Australia (AU) || VIC North - Region 31 || SF:LI || Certificate III - Children's Services or equiv || Part-Time