The IT Analyst – Network and Telecom is responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of Network & Telecom hardware and software and related infrastructure. He ensures that the Network & Telecom Infrastructure is up and available, he works promptly to resolve system outages. He ensures that system hardware, operating systems, infrastructure software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
This individual will work on Infrastructure related projects; manage projects independently from inception to implementation within the specified time period. In addition, he will work on infrastructure related activities which include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; technical analysis and design; and support projects executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
This individual will actively participate in second level problem resolution and troubleshooting on end user desktop computing.
This individual will be accountable for the following systems: Data Center Network Operation & Management, Business Network LAN & WAN, Internet Services, Wireless, Load Balancing, Network Security Solutions, Call Manager System, Radios, and Telecommunication Systems and Licenses.
Job Position Requirements
1. Advanced knowledge & hands-on experience in Cisco Switching and Routing configuration and troubleshooting and their main management tools.
2. Advanced knowledge & experience in WAN solutions including IPSec VPN, SSL VPN, and MPLS technologies.
3. Hands-on experience supporting Cisco Unified Communications and VOIP systems.
4. Experience supporting wireless technologies, including wi-fi, radio wireless network and cellular modems.
5. Depth knowledge of TCP/IP, networking technologies and network routing protocols including EIGRP and BGP.
6. Experience in building, upgrading and troubleshooting failed components of Telecommunication / Network systems.
7. Good knowledge of networking bandwidth management (QoS) and Network acceleration and compression.
8. Experience in dealing with ISP and knowledge of their services.
9. Experience with telecommunication frequency and radios licenses control with TRA and related approvals.
10. Knowledge of RF Communication concepts, radio and transmission systems are preferred.
11. Knowledge and experience to support and troubleshoot the Walkie-talkie radio system
12. Good understanding of media types and topologies used in computer networks.
13. Good written and oral English language communication skills.
14. Good skills in documentation and reporting.
15. Past oil and gas industry experience is a plus.
Typically sit at a desk or table, regularly walk, stand or stoop. Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing upto 30-35 kgs.
Key Position Attributes
1. Demonstrate and practice the highest ethical standard.
2. Demonstrated customer service orientation.
3. Cost effective attitude and approach.
4. Self-starter with a strong desire to deliver superior results.
5. Good people skills with the ability to work with multi-discipline, multi-company and multi-national workforce.
6. Able to work well under pressure and irregular hours when needed.
7. Available to provide 24 X 7 on-call support on a rotational basis.
8. Willing to visit offshore oil field as and when work needs.
9. Eager to learn IT technologies. Ongoing education and training is required and much is expected to be taken on by the individual such as on the job training, regular reading of industry publications and other resources such as the web.
10. Willing to help others to achieve team as well as personal goals, interfaces well with others in the department, keen to assist and learn about areas outside assigned responsibilities.
11. Skilled in analytical problem solving.
Education and Training
• Bachelor degree in electrical, electronics/communications engineering, computer science or related field.
• 5 or more years of IT related experience.
• Industry standard Network & Telecommunication Technologies