**Some careers have more impact than others.**
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as **Operational Risk Manager**.
**In this role, you will**
* This position reports to the Regional Reporting and Analysis Lead
* Produce the operational risk governance reporting and external regulatory reporting for Asia Pacific.
* Provide timely Operational Risk MI and insight to the Asia Pacific Operational Risk leadership team and community.
* Monitor operational risk data quality across the Region and challenge issues for resolution.
* Support Group's initiatives on the implementation and use of new reporting under the enhanced Operational Risk Management Framework and Helios.
* Promote use of new standard reports within Asia Pacific and channel reporting requirements of key stakeholders across the three lines of defence, covering Operational Risk, Risk Owners, Control Owners and Risk Stewards.
* Work in close liaison with the Group Operational Risk Reporting and Analysis specialists to ensure consistency in approach and promote efficiency via shared working practices and identify improvements for implementation.
* Liaise with the offshore reporting utility and provide quality assurance of any reports prior to further use and distribution.
**To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements**
* Degree in Accountancy, Risk Management or business related discipline.
* Previous experience in operational risk or audit within financial services, with a strong understanding of operational risk management fundamentals.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively in a logical and structured manner, both written and verbal
* Able to undertake and coordinate quantitative and qualitative analytics with a focus on attention to detail
* Ability to multi task and prioritise according to business need, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver with accuracy under tight deadlines on a consistent basis
* Ability to work independently and manage own deliverables
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009KTZ
**You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.**
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited