Overview of job
Mindshare is looking for an Executive to join our team in Hong Kong. You will assist with the implementation and buying across digital (display, video and paid social) mainly, with a small amount on OOH, print and TV. We are looking for someone who has superior skills in attention to detail, communication, and time management. Daily works include media planning, buying and campaign delivery (ad-serving & trafficking), negotiation with vendors, follow up on social project, reporting, and digital optimization on ROI driven campaigns.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Supervisor.
3 best things about the job:
- At Mindshare we stand for Original Thinking - we can credibly say this for several reasons: we were the first global media agency; we took a chance and launched in Asia as opposed to the UK or US; and we were the first start-up WPP ever invested in. We have challenger in our DNA
- Client: In this role, you will be working on one of the most exciting categories of industry
- Integration: This is a hybrid online and offline role, plus working on social
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Become familiar with all relevant media and finance systems, and the team processes
- Provided superior administrative support to the team
- Obtain the basic knowledge and relevant skills of digital media planning and buying, social media and programmatic media buying
- Support daily routines with working partners (mentor, planning team, media vendors and creative agency)
In six months:
- Able to build knowledge of media landscape
- Started to build an understanding of the Original Thinking Framework and how it is applied to the team’s processes and output
- Built an understanding of clients product portfolio
- Grown to work closely with working partners mentioned above on media campaign (campaign executions and daily routines)
In 12 months:
- Started to develop a strong media POV and develop media recommendations
- Built trusted relationships with media partners and clients
- Started to develop trusted and influential relationships with media owner
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support supervisor and manager on key functions include but not limited to Media Planning, Buying and Trafficking, social and programmatic media buying
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation on the effectiveness of different media channels
- Manage and use various research, advertising, tracking and trafficking tools given on various post-campaign reports
- Identify appropriate media strategy and tactic, with the guidance from supervisor and manager
What you will need:
- Degree in any discipline, major in Marketing information management, business, mathematics would have an advantage.
- Able to manage multi-task and have a good interpersonal skills
- Good at numbers and have attention to details
- Able to work independently but also a good team player
- Passionate to pursue career in media/digital industry
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Fluent Mandarin will be an advantage
- Fresh Graduate will also be considered
Mindshare, the global media agency network, and part of WPP, the largest marketing communications network in the world, has more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare APAC has won over 300 awards in 2014/2015 and was the most awarded agency at the 2015 Campaign Asia Awards Festival. Mindshare was also recognised as the SMARTIES™ APAC ‘Agency Network of the Year 2015’ for the third consecutive year. Mindshare is also home to The 2015 Festival of Media Asia Pacific Rising Star – Jason Maggs.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us atwww.mindshareworld.com
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.