WM APAC is looking for a detailed oriented Commercial Manager to support the Regional Management. You will liaise with GroupM /WM teams across the region to oversee the day-to-day activities of the commercial support and ensure the company’s commercial support is organised and efficient and that we comply to client contracts.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the COO.
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world.
- An challenging position with opportunity to oversee the Regional Commercial Operations of APAC.
- Working & Supporting the Senior Management of WM and GroupM offices across the region as well as the Global Commercial team
Measures of success –
Specific KPIs will be agreed after joining WM but key metrics for success in this area are:
- Understand the business to support with pitches, resource management and looking for operational efficencies and sharing of best practice.
In 3 months:
- Be conversant with WM’s Legal / Finance Structure
- Support budgeting/reforecasting exercise in partnership with stakeholders.
- Understand key client commercials, be familiar with Group policies, ensure client credit insurance are in place and work with markets to be compliant with Group policy and client contracts
In 6 months:
- Understand key client commercials and share best practice
- Design and implement improved business processes
- Support client compliance audits and pitches
In twelve months:
- Clear understanding of commercial terms
- Responsible for key client contracts and local agreements
- Be a trusted Financial Advisor to WM senior management team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Compliance orientated – Review Clients Contracts, support negotiations, support client audits, Compliances, Corporate Governance etc
- Act as a strategic financial partner to understand client resource & client profitability.
- Client profitability : review client remuneration and resources
What you will need:
- 6 to 8 years of regional commercial / financial experience in corporate environment
- Self-driven, forward looking, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Ability to earn respect and trust from senior management and external stakeholders
- Diligent and able to ‘roll up his sleeves’ when the need arises
- Mature and highly credible individual with strong business and financial acumen
- Commercially savvy; Strategic thinking
- Resilience and comfortable working in matrix reporting environment,
- Proven track record in agency commercial/finance operations
- Financial acumen including budget control and client profitability
- In depth knowledge of processes, tools and techniques
- Experience and knowledge in strategic planning, contracting, negotiation and change management
- Workflow management, i.e. organisational skills and time management
- Motivational, collaborative team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluency in English.
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world. Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology. To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future. We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED). With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.