Overview of job
This role is a fantastic opportunity to grow your media career. The role of Digital Executive in the TED (The Entertainment Division) team at MediaCom offers the chance to work across all areas of digital advertising – video, display, social, native and editorial - and the opportunity to work on some of Australia’s biggest and most exciting clients, Universal Pictures and PlayStation.
The successful applicant will demonstrate strong knowledge of and passion for the digital marketing landscape and be able to demonstrate expertise, diligence and determination. They will join a brilliant, high-achieving team who in the last year have been nominated for and won awards locally, regionally and globally.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Director.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on the best group of clients anywhere in the industry.
- The chance to be a part of strong, high-achieving team delivering award-winning work.
- A great working culture. Join a team of hard-working, super-social, incredibly supportive people and attend more industry events and movie premieres than you can shake a stick at.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Familiarised yourself with the clients, their business objectives and the market landscape.
- Gained understanding of our planning prinicples and approach, and built relationships with key internal team members.
- Got to grips with the tools and systems we use day-to-day.
In six months:
- Developed strong relationships with key client contacts, and able to speak confidently to planning and execution of campaigns.
- Independently running your own campaigns.
- Recommending innovative solutions to challenges through solutions developed with our key media partners.
In 12 months:
- Able to critically assess our planning approach and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Beginning to develop management skills and growing into a role overseeing junior team members.
- Developed strong, positive relationships with client teams
Responsibilities of the role:
- Take ownership all aspects of planning, buying and implementation of online media.
- Assist Senior Executive in all aspects of campaign strategy and execution.
- Build relationships in and across teams internally and with external suppliers.
- Manage the implementation of campaigns from booking through to going live; loading bookings, managing creative delivery, liaising with vendors.
- Set up and monitor social media campaigns across client business pages.
- Pull, organise and deliver regular campaign reporting to clients on-time.
- Ensure all bookings are loaded accurately and on-time into our booking system with support from the Digital Co-ordinator.
- Become proficient in all relevant tools (Nielsen, BMD, Sizmek, Facebook Business Manager, Symphony)
- Ensure we remain SOX compliant across all campaigns.
What you will need:
- Minimum 12 months experience in a media agency or similar.
- Demonstrable knowledge, enthusiasm and curiousity for digital marketing
- Drive and willingness to learn.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with team members, clients and suppliers.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously.
MediaCom is the “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). It employs 6,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe. Its client roster includes P&G, VW Group, Dell and Universal. In 2015, MediaCom was recognised by RECMA as the leading global agency network in its Network Diagnostics report, and also was the first agency network to top all 3 key RECMA reports across EMEA. Also in 2015, MediaCom has been awarded Media Agency of the Year in the US by AdAge and Adweek, Agency of the Year in the UK by Campaign and The Drum, and Global Agency of the Year at the M&M Awards. The agency captured six Media Lions at the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the top performer among all global media agency networks.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews.
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom.
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.