Uber is looking for a Learning Content Designer to work within our SENA Community Operations team and own the creating of content to support our Learning Program. This multifaceted role requires quick thinking and proficiency in creating learning content, as well as an overall knack for interaction and possibly some in-person training.
Our Community Support Teams are all about process efficiency, and as a part of the learning team, you would be ensuring that these high-performing teams are able to continuously provide world class support to everyone involved in the Uber experience. This role is about creating a solid foundation for our learning program and scaling it beyond what is today, and pre-empting what it will need to be tomorrow.
Who you are
- A builder - Passionate about creating scalable content, with help from SMEs & curriculum leads
- Tech Savvy - You are comfortable learning new systems and have experience in building and creating eLearning across multiple tools
- A team player - You are excited to collaborate across function and region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Poised - Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven - You have excellent organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient.
- Open and curious - You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams.
- Ownership - You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and bold, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don't wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Service orientation - As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you'll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest critics. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go.
What you'll do
- Support the SENA Community Operations team in creation of all materials for our curriculums & learning resources
- Be responsible for the design, development and review of all phases of eLearning projects
- Work cross functionally to improve CSR learning experience and knowledge of our internal and external tools and products
- Create high quality content that is effective and scalable
- Be an advocate for your Community Operations org by passionately developing content that is crucial to our Customer Support experience
- Research and stay current with emerging educational technologies and utilize innovative approaches to design that incorporate the latest adult learning principles to our curriculum
What you'll need
- At least 2 years designing adult learning content -- specifically eLearning & interactive curriculum design
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Information Technology, Adult Education, or other relevant discipline required. Master's degree desirable
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Outstanding skills in at least one or more authoring technologies and multimedia applications such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- Superb Audio/Video/Graphic production skills: DSLR camera's, Sound recording, editing & mixing, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro
- Basic understanding of Instructional Design principles: ADDIE Model, Bloom's Taxonomy, Malcolm Knowles, etc.
- Literate in SQL and Excel or another data management tool preferred
- A flair for writing -- concise, structured and packed with personality
- Understanding of learning and development design for a multi-language, multi-cultural region
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.