MediaCom are looking for a Account Director to join their vibrant Melbourne CBD office working with some of Australia’s most iconic brands. You will be responsible for leading the client relationship and delivering the highest quality communication strategiesacross all media channels. In this role, you will be the interface between the client and the agency and is responsible for fully understanding their business, interpreting their communications planning and implementation needs.
Working primarily with the Group Business Director on all media briefing and negotiations you will ensure all client campaign objectives are adhered to and then delivered.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Group Business Director.
3 best things about the job:
- A dynamic group of clients with opportunities to work across all media types
- An incredibly talented team for you to lead and develop
- Great learning opportunities using advanced media products
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Proven yourself as an all-round investment superstar
- A comprehensive knowledge of MediaCom’s commercial offering and product suite
In six months:
- Won the support of your team and become a seamless part of the group
- Won the trust and respect of your clients to advise them on implementation and investment
In 12 months:
- Become a forward-thinking media buyer keeping pace with changes in the media landscape
- Imbedded yourself as a valuable member of the agency at large
Responsibilities of the role:
- Identifying opportunities across all media, evaluating and having a point of view
- Ability to lead and manage client WIPs ensuring all relevant campaign / market updates are communicated and actions are managed across the team.
- Responsible for the media plan from the hand over from planning through to execution. Fine tuning budget allocation, weights, phasing, title/channel/site mix with creation of the media plan.
- Overseeing all campaign reporting, ensuring accuracy and consistency and deliverables are achieved. If KPI’s are not achieved, work with Manager & Executive to ensure appropriate compensation.
- Works collaboratively with other internal MediaCom specialists to develop best practice media solutions and initiatives.
What you will need:
- First class implementation skills with the ability to translate a strategy / channel recommendation into a Media Recommendation / Plan.
- Highly numerate with first class negotiation skills. Be able to construct negotiation strategies to deliver on clients objectives.
- Understanding of all media channels, with the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each channel and the impact these have in delivering on the client objectives.
- Articulate a point of view/opinion on trends/developments in the marketplace.
- Clear and concise communication skills – written and verbal
- High level of presentation skills.
- Strong relationships with all senior media vendors (GSMs to Sales Directors)
- Results driven with responsibility for delivery of all client results.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fueling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.