- Market leading FMCG organisation
- Great team and company culture
- Strategic transformation and improvements
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
In March 2015 Goodman Fielder was acquired by Wilmar International and First Pacific. In partnership we have a strong platform of brands and combined horsepower. Wilmar International has over 450 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. First Pacific owns 50% of Indonesia's largest food company, Indofood.
The majority of our Goodman Fielder leadership team is based at our head office in Sydney. The team has full autonomy and decision making authority, meaning our ideas and goals can be made reality without too much red tape. We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for an influential, analytical and passionate Commercial Manager based at our Head Office in North Sydney. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager - Indirects you will be an integral member of the Group Commercial function. You will be responsible for driving value, eliminating waste and providing true commercial expertise across the Australia, New Zealand and International business.
You will be responsible for:
- Building a strong working relationship with other Commercial Managers
- Developing strong working relationships with key business stakeholders including; logistics, operations, supply chain, marketing, vendors, and 3rd parties
- Understanding the breadth of opportunities and identifying large scale value that is visible on the bottom line
- Identifying synergies, best practice and standardisation opportunities
- Providing fact based analytics to support key decision making
- Ensuring decision making is collaborative and aligned to broader strategies and category plans
- Providing guidance and counsel to peers and subordinates within the team
- Conducting commercial risk assessments and validating the approach
- Providing supplier recommendations based on evaluation plans and a robust process review
- Clearly highlighting and communicating opportunity to unlock value in order to gain support to execute
- Making an active contribution to the team environment to build a high performing team
Qualifications and skills to be successful:
- Tertiary Qualification (essential)
- Excel and MS Office proficiency (essential)
- SAP experience (desirable)
- FMCG/Manufacturing procurement or commercial experience
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong project management and data analysis capabilities
- Highly motivated and driven attitude with a collaborative working approach
- Curious, passionate and insightful leadership qualities
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven, commercially savvy team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.