Overview of job
GroupM Hong Kong is looking for an Senior Accountant with experience to handle day-to day accounting functions of the media agency and the shared-services functions of the group.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Financial Controller/ Finance Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- Worked in a dynamic and fast paced environment under a large marketing service group
- A challenging and exciting position with opportunity to grow in Finance reporting and Operations.
- Being a trusted team member, working closely with Finance Manager and assist the team.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- You will be familiarize with GroupM, Agency and the Finance Structure
In six months:
- You will be able to work independently to support the group’s finance and accounting functions
In 12 months:
- You will be able to contribute to the group and the department’s success
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for Billings and day-to-day accounting activities
- Monitor media accrual and Accounts Receivables aging
- Work closely with operation department and vendors to prepare monthly reconciliations
- Supervise the junior staff on Account Receivables function.
- Assist in year-end and month-end closing process
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
What you will need:
- Diploma or above in Accounting or related disciplines
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant experience
- Supervision experience preferred
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Work independently, mature and responsible
- Well versed in in Microsoft Office applications
- Immediately available preferable
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.