Overview of job
This is an exciting new role, the Technical engineer – Platforms and Technology Support is responsible for supporting internal and external teams on existing platforms and providing support to integrate new platforms and technologies. A core function involves being part of the team implementing new software solutions or tools according to business requirements. This role will work closely with a friendly and welcoming team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Manager – Technology and Publisher Support.
3 best things about the job:
- A fun and fast paced environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Exposure and opportunity to work with the latest products and technologies in the ad-tech space
- Working within a proven, fast growing team of digital advertising specialists servicing some of the biggest brands in the region, such as, NEWS, Fairfax, NINE, Google, Facebook.
Measures of Success-
In three months:
- Developed a good understanding of the platform and technology ecosystem used by the wider business and how they interact with each other
- You will have the ability to create, develop, configure, test and deploy within platforms, including Plista recommendation engine and partner modules, Salesforce, etc.
- You will be comfortable troubleshooting basic publisher requests
In six months:
- Started implementing software solutions across mPlatform business units
- Performed technical integration to launch new products across various units within mPlatform such as Proprietary media, PBU, etc.
- Support usage of new mPlatform product toolkit capabilities in production across internal teams
- You will be comfortable contributing in publisher meetings using your learned product expertise
In 12 months:
- Contributed to platform product roadmap by providing clear technical requirements based on usage and support of platforms
- Trialled and analysed new ad technologies in collaboration with the ops team, prepared and reported the results (locally, regionally, and globally).
- You will be known within the organisation as the mPlatform product knowledge source and fully aware of its capabilities
Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for the implementation of software solutions (all software development or integration projects or platform rollouts)
- Support of new capabilities into production (mPlatform or tech partner): testing new capabilities and supporting teams on on-going usage and gathering feedback for improvement.
- Assisting product development: performing integration with technology and measurement partners, and providing support to Ops team to successfully test and launch product.
- Technical support for issues including providing advice to partners during the technical integration of our products, such as Plista widgets, Salesforce reports, data mapping and migrations.
- Performing testing of local tech partners based on key KPIs created for the test
- Assisting the business by building tools that can automate repetitive tasks and provide operational and process efficiency
- Create and update documentation for all internal tools and software solutions
- Maintain knowledge base for mPlatform toolkit and also external platforms
- Technical support for internal teams on technical issues with various platforms being used.
- Technical support for agency teams on technical issues with mPlatform toolkit
- Supporting & monitoring the technical integration of native products on publishers websites across mobile and desktop, including updating look and feel, monthly optimisation of widgets on publisher site
- Coordination and processing of the technical orders
- Pro-active participation in detecting obstacles and help finding possible solutions
- Interface and knowledge transfer between Commercial, Ops, and supply departments
What you will need:
- Successfully completed or pursuing studies in computer science, information technology, or comparable job experience
- Digital or software development background with 1+ years’ experience (desirable)
- Understanding of APIs and demonstrated usage of API (desirable)
- Prior initial work experience in technical project management desirable, ideally in the online environment
- Proactive communication and troubleshooting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Initiative is key, this role will need a “let me figure this out” attitude rather than “tell me what to do attitude”
- Broad understanding of the programmatic landscape and technologies used
- Hands on experience in testing and debugging/issue resolution
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills
- Ability to balance deadlines with an eye for detail and passion for quality.
- Independent and structured way of working
- Strong customer and service orientation
- Team player with strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
[m]PLATFORM is the world’s most powerful collection of data, technology, and expertise enabling global audience addressability and accountability across all media, combining the data and technology team members and toolkit from Xaxis, Connect, and GroupM Data & Analytics into one organization. The [m]PLATFORM vision is to inspire our employees to be our client’s trusted advisor and show leadership in our ability to consult not sell and deliver outcomes not features based on their evolving marketing needs and business challenges
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM APAC is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our people are our strength so we respect and nurture their individual talent and potential.