We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Regional Operations in Asia Pacific is focused on scaling impact in our markets by centralising processes, driving innovation, and delivering best practices. As a key member of Uber's Southeast & North Asia Regional Operations team, the Regional Operations Strategy Associate will help design, prioritise, and implement projects to help this fast-growing region scale. This role will work across many functions and teams, in the region and at both our regional and international headquarters.
You will partner with the Regional Operations Strategy Manager to support the strategic decisions and cross-functional efforts of the team, and drive operational excellence throughout the region. As such, you will be one of the key points of contact and facilitator in a region comprised of 13 countries and about 60 cities (and counting). The ideal candidate for this role has strong critical thinking skills, excellent time-management and organisational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What You'll Do
- Strategy: Be a thought partner to the Regional Operations Strategy Manager in matters of strategy, project management, cross-functional engagement, and team management.
- Planning: Help design team roadmap planning, reporting, and progress review structures to improve the effectiveness of the Regional Ops team.
- Project Management: Lead cross-functional projects that ensure the region’s top priorities are addressed. Manage strict deadlines, engage with stakeholders throughout Operations teams and beyond, present to senior leaders, and craft concise communications.
- Improve Processes: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing processes or develop new ones to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Track Performance: Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at the city, national, and regional levels. Drive strategic analyses and decisions in order to improve operational and financial performance of markets in the region.
- Team Coordination: Participate in knowledge management and regular feedback collection efforts, and facilitate a culture of transparency and accountability.
- Cultivate Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems. Be one of the first points of contact for interactions with other regions and functions around the world.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of strategy consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / project management or related experience; high-growth operations experience a plus.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- The ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Self-starter attitude - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and excellent disambiguator/simplifier - you're constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Strong Excel / data management skills. SQL proficiency a plus.