Requisition ID: 170007
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Utilities Industry is strategic market for SAP in APJ with extraordinary perspectives for growth. In order to achieve our ambitious targets and objectives, we are currently looking for a skilled Senior Business Process Consultant who will be in charge of ensuring that SAP´s mature but also innovative solutions for the process industry can be rolled out successfully.
Our Consulting organization supports APJ and Global projects and customer engagements with various consulting services. Take the opportunity to join an international team of Utility experts, implement software in international projects and gain cultural experience, to set a serious foundation for future career steps.
The Consultant should be able to engage with customer in understanding business requirements, evolving the desired solution landscape, and positioning new solutions and services to customers around key business process areas. This is key “value-generation” role within customer engagements.
Knowledge of integrating with other niche 3rd party solutions (such as Analytics, Opentext, CRM, Portfolio Management, Energy Trading, Pricing, GIS, Mobility, etc.) would be necessary to provide a more comprehensive solution offering to customers.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Take an active role in engaging with large and strategic customers – portray a trusted-advisory role for SAP solutions and processes
- Engage with key stake-holders in understanding business requirements, current solution landscape and propose new solutions and applications that provide enhanced value from customer perspective
- Hands-on experience on product areas (IS-U, CRM, EAM, Hybris), ability to create demo scripts and configure scenarios in SAP essential
- Create a compelling solution framework including the solution process landscape, integration touch-points and showcase business benefits / RoIe calculations
- Work on customer RFP’s with account teams, create the necessary value-proposition and package the service offerings that makes it a winning deal
- Provide expert consulting services for customers and projects around key solution areas
- Work closely with Account teams in prospecting new / increased opportunities and engagements
- Manage internal stakeholders, esp. in new / ramp-up solution deployment
- Contribute to enhancing the knowledge management process within the industry – create business best practices, process flows, templates and support packaged service offerings where necessary
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Graduate / Post-Graduate degrees in Management or Engineering areas
- Certified / Trained in SAP IS-Utilities product areas with minimum 5 end-to-end project experience (industry experience may compensate to some extent for lack of as many end-to-end project experience)
- Good knowledge of SAP solution framework, industry solution areas, ASAP methodology and Solution Manager
- Cross-solution knowledge preferred (SRM, CRM, BOBJ, EAM, Mobility, etc.)
- Adept at handling project communications, capable of having c-level interactions and engaging with senior management stake-holders, managing expectations and proposing value-based offerings
- Strong presentation and communication skill set necessary
- Good understanding of the Utility Industry and the particularities of the different markets and trends
- Excellent communication skills in English. Communication skills in other languages are a benefit
At least 10 years of consulting experience in the industry / project management / solution – excellent understanding of industry business processes, solutions and applications, and ability to comprehend and apply business process best practices
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.